New TT-track-system by kuehn-modell.

Re: New TT-track-system by kuehn-modell.

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:49 pm

No idea.

But something to keep in mind, my experience has been that their straight points don't do well with steam locos or others with complex running gear. Bo-Bos and Co-Cos are ok. I don't believe it's a design issue, the radius is just too small. I'm waiting for a larger radius version.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Rich B » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks. I might use Peco H0m then- quite aside from having lost a pivot during construction, Tillig's curved points haven't impressed me in their design, I like a live vee.
Rich B

Postby railtwister » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Tillig's bedding track at least, looks like it could be made to have the frog powered by simply replacing the plastic frog with a lost-wax metal casting. I can't think of why else they would have made the plastic frog a separate casting instead of molding it in one piece along with the ties like most other manufacturers do. I haven't been able to run on my modules with the bedding track enough yet to decide if they will be worth continuing to use those turnouts. Really good (yet still affordable) turnouts seem to be lacking in all scales, although I've had good luck with Kato's N scale Unitrack number sixes. Because of this, I still have hopes for the Tillig Bedding Track because it is made under license from Kato, and the Unijoiners at least are interchangeable between Kato and Tillig. I'll know more once I get my SW1200...

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Previous

Return to Kuehn TT Scale Models