New TT Scale Laser Cut Structure Kits.

New TT Scale Laser Cut Structure Kits.

Postby Shipsure » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Howdy

I'm looking to produce some Laser Milled TT scale building kits and thought I would post some work images. I currently do special commissions in most scales and have been looking at 1/120 scale as a market that needs more product. Illustrated are two HO kits I've done, one that is finished is a SP Signal Shack and the other is one of the Southern Pacific Standard Station designs, this one is in Minnow. A number of these were found throughout the system and both structures will work with any number of railroads. The smaller shot is a test build of the TT Minnow and I've designed it to be all Tab and Slot construction to make things easy. There will be separate window frames and trim and a laser rastered roof covering. I have a few more days before I can post finished shots, but between the HO shots and the proto shot, you get the idea. Price TBD but they will come complete with resin cast details as appropriate and all the stuff you need to build the models except glue and paint. I have a couple dozen designs that will translate down from HO to TT very nicely and hopefully will add another. Anyway, looking to see what level of interest there is. I realize this is a pretty small market and I like the idea of doing small runs and moving on to the next project. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks
Joe
Shipsure

Re: New TT Scale Laser Cut Structure Kits.

Postby Tom Dempsey » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm interested. Do an NP station and I could get excited!
Tom Dempsey

Postby gerhard_k » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 pm

I like the SP station - that's my favorite road, with citrus industry. How much?
Sometimes you win... sometimes you learn.
gerhard_k

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Any structure that involves beer and I am interested. That and anything that looks neat.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Arseny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Nice station. I think I'll buy one.
I wonder, if it can work for MidWest ?
Arseny

Postby Marquette » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:58 am

Very nice!

How about a Pennsy Lines West interlocking tower? ;)

But more seriously: I hope you will consider doing non-region-specific private homes (Sears catalogue homes, for example, or fairly generic post-war bungalows). Unlike railway-specific buildings, these would be things anyone could use, regardless of what road they're modelling!
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby areibel » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 am

Marquette wrote:Very nice!

But more seriously: I hope you will consider doing non-region-specific private homes (Sears catalogue homes, for example, or fairly generic post-war bungalows). Unlike railway-specific buildings, these would be things anyone could use, regardless of what road they're modelling!

Hi Joe!
And Welcome!

I'll give a +1 for houses or other general buildings!
It is a very nice station, but that's one of the funny things about TT- Passenger stations are probably the most commonly produced buildings! From the old days there were a couple cardstock and white metal station kits, a little later there were resin reproductions of the metal kits and there are at least two or three currently available laser kits of passenger stations. Houses are scarce, as are any small commercial building of any type- stores, warehouses, any kind of rail served industry etc..
areibel

Postby Arseny » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:39 am

I would vote for some administrative buildings also - fire station, police department, city hall, etc.
Arseny

Postby Shipsure » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:21 am

Thanks for the input. I have a couple of Sears buildings I was doing for a customer who backed out on the project, I can shrink them down no problem. I also have packing plants, brick structures...just about anything. The smaller relay station makes a nice company style house as well...several folks have used them in rows. This weekend I'll post something a bit more official looking. :) Image Image Image Price is still in the works but most of what I do I try and keep under $50.00.

Cheers

Joe
Shipsure

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Hey Joe, welcome to the site! Your best bet may be to post pictures of potential TT models and set up a poll where members can vote for what they want. Then you have a better idea of what to make.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion