NEW STRUCTURES?

NEW STRUCTURES?

Postby rslaserkits » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:32 pm

I had posted on the Yahoo group that I would be willing to convert some of my kits to TT just need some input as to which ones.
I have a list started but it is not long, I would like around 20-25 requests for a kit before I spend the time to get them going
check my web site and let me know
www.rslaserkits.com
thanks
rich
rslaserkits

Re: NEW STRUCTURES?

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Hey Rich, welcome to the site!

I'm going to ask a question which may seem stupid to a lot of people. But, I have zero experience with laser kits. What is the material and what kind of resolution/detail is to be expected?
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:57 am

I would like to get some "Main Street" houses, or "Greg's Saloon and Repair Shop", "Deadwood Gazette" or something else like that.
Arseny

Postby rslaserkits » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:16 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Hey Rich, welcome to the site!

I'm going to ask a question which may seem stupid to a lot of people. But, I have zero experience with laser kits. What is the material and what kind of resolution/detail is to be expected?

Most of mine are cut from wood, but also use laserbaord and card stock were it works the best. As for detail check my web site and look at the N and Z scale pages. We try to but the same detail in the smaller scale as is found in HO and O.
rich
www.rslaserkits.com
rslaserkits

Postby MacG » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:50 pm

I prefer the "Greg's Saloon and Repair Shop" and "Old Town Shop", or one of a Main Street houses.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby areibel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:38 pm

I'd vote for any house you want to produce, there haven't been many produced in TT except for some cardboard ones back in the 50's. And I really like the Roundtree Barn, that would fit any era.
For others, I like the Potato House, Paul's Repair, Wills Supply and the Gem Hotel. The all could be used as lineside businesses or anywhere on the scenery. And they look like they could be modified so that two could be used on the same layout but it wouldn't be obvious.
The only one's I'd recommend against are stations- everyone who ever did TT buildings (cardboard, plaster, white metal or resin and even laser cut wood) all did stations! for railroad replaed I'd love to see the Roundhouse though!
areibel

Postby Marquette » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:25 pm

I'd also be interested in the houses and other such town structures that aren't railway-specific, though if you'd asked this question 3 or 4 years ago I'd have been all over Cheltenham station - at that point I was seriously considering the Canada Southern as a prototype (even made a model of the tiny "station" at Eddys on the St Clair Sub, though in 1:160...).

I agree with Al recommending against stations, though perhaps for a different reason as well. Not only are there already several available, but stations are very railroad specific. For broadest appeal, generic buildings like houses, stores, warehouses etc are probably the best option.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Of course, if you are modelling railroad, you need some station building.
But at least one station building is available from BTS.
At the same time - the station (usually :wink: ) is not placed in the desert area. You must model a town or industry around the station!

While we can use some Auhagen's industrial buildings (or maybe Woodland Scenic's N scale also?), there are no residential buildings in TT! So, I vote for the residential buildings.
Arseny

Postby rslaserkits » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Will see what we can do, have 4 shows in the next 5 weeks so will be busy around here so don't look for something in the next few weeks
thanks
rich
www.rslaserkits.com
rslaserkits

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

I'd take any railway related structure.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion