Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Finish the track jigs first!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: New Project

Postby Bernd » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:07 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Finish the track jigs first!

Yes Boss. Hoping right to it on Monday. :thumbup:

Wife complains the air spindle makes to much noise. I have to agree. So Monday production will begin. Also been looking into getting the 10,000RPM pulley set so I don't have to use the air spindle. Maybe if I sell enough of the track jigs I can buy the pulleys. :pray: :lol:

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConnRiver » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Bernd wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:Finish the track jigs first!

. . . Also been looking into getting the 10,000RPM pulley set so I don't have to use the air spindle. Maybe if I sell enough of the track jigs I can buy the pulleys. :pray: :lol:

Bernd

I've had the 10k rpm pulley set installed on the mill for years, really works swell. Maybe I don't need the air spindle, then . . . I had it in my head its rpm was much greater than 10k. Not so?

-Brian C.
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Re: Bernd's Lionel General Project

Postby CSD » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:56 pm

Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

By the way, changed the topic title. Didn't want this one to get lost in the pile of generic subject lines. Too interesting for that.
Mark
//S
CSD

Re: Bernd's Lionel General Project

Postby Bernd » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:50 pm

CSD wrote:Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

By the way, changed the topic title. Didn't want this one to get lost in the pile of generic subject lines. Too interesting for that.

It won't be for a while and may move in spurts. All depends on how my other projects go. That includes house projects. Remember me mentioning those? :wink:

You scared me there with the thread change. I thought somebody had hacked my thread. I like it. Sounds better too.

I got my e-mail hacked a couple of days ago and I'm still not out of the woods on that yet. I can receive but can't send anything.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby milwrd1 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Richard-B wrote:
Bernd wrote:<snip> It also looks like the tender is one solid piece possibly requiring a whole new tender. Engine looks to be almost on solid piece also. I'll have to keep looking at it over time and just someday I may get an idea of how and what to do.
I previously had the thought of disassembling the engine and tender... and milling-out the firebox and tender shell.

The biggest issue is that the material used on these Lionel die-casts is a secret alloy of unmillabium and kryptonite.

This brings back memories of working on the Lionel F3 and GP9 shells. Severely abused several Dremel bits grinding out parts of the shells when fitting the power chassis. How about unmillabium and kryptotanimum :!:
milwrd1

Postby Richard-B » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:06 pm

milwrd1 wrote:<snip> Severely abused several Dremel bits grinding out parts of the shells when fitting the power chassis. How about unmillabium and kryptotanimum :!:
The Lionel alloy undoubtedly contains a lethal dose of the specific motor-tool killer: dremelicide
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Previous

Return to General Discussion