New locomotive from Norkin-Model - need help!

New locomotive from Norkin-Model - need help!

Postby Arseny » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Andrey Norkin ("Norkin-model") is working on GE DASH 8-40CW locomotive and plans to make some more - maybe EMD DDA40X or something else like this.
He asked me to ask you some questions.

First of all, were all these locomotives really modular?
Can anybody tell something about these modules? Appearance, dimensions, design, etc.?
Which modules were the most popular, to use them on some other locomotives in future? (maybe not only 8-axles, but 6-axles too)

Can anybody measure the real locomotive - maybe in museum, or heritage train? Andrey needs the dimensions of "wide cabin", ladders, decks, some small details...

Andrey told me that he needs maximum information to build the correct model. Can anybody help?
Maybe there are some detailed drawings available?

P.S. Old topic to remember:
a-new-loco-unit-from-russia-t1251.html
Last edited by Arseny on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arseny

Re: New locomotive from Norkin-Model - need help!

Postby MacG » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:46 pm

The DDA40X isn't modular, except the cab. It is a unique built up. It has no hood from a GP40 or so.
MacG

Re: New locomotive from Norkin-Model - need help!

Postby areibel » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:46 am

MacG is right, the DD40 is pretty much a "one of" locomotive. It is more a mix of an SD40 and SD45, but not like either of them exactly.
The Dash 8 is called a "modular" locomotive, but I think that refers to the components more than the body. I think the body will be very similar to the Dash 9 that Ingo is releasing but I haven't been able to find any good plans yet to tell. I have a friend who worked at GE in Erie in locomotive assembly, I'll see if he knows anyone I could contact.
areibel

Return to Prototypes / Models