new laser kit

new laser kit

Postby rslaserkits » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Due to a request we redid our Greg's saloon in TT
it can be found on our web site http://www.rslaserkits.com click on the link on the home page.Image
thanks
rich
http://www.rslaserkits.com
rslaserkits

Re: new laser kit

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Thanks Rich. Another model in tt :thumbup:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Richard-B » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:13 am

I received my RSLaserKit at the Coast Division - PCR NMRA Structure Modeling clinic yesterday (Saturday 10/9) at Frank Markovich's house (Coast Division Director); conducted by well-known Bay Area modeler Earl Girbovan.

There was a stack of Rich Shepard's 'Greg's Saloon and Repair Shop' in HO and N-scale... and; miracles -do- happen!, Rich was able to cut one in TT-scale just-in-time to get it to the clinic.

The main structural parts were all -very- nicely cut in thin ply material, along with laser-cut tarpaper and glazing.
It is worth noting that the tab and slot clearances were all adjusted for the re-scale to TT... and everything fit together without any hacking or fudging. I used my mill file to smooth out the tiny laser tabs on the edges... many just used sandpaper on a flat surface.

We grey-stained all the walls front-and-back with a thin India ink-alcohol wash, then used a sponge to layer multiple paint tones on the laser-scribed exterior walls.

I prepped the roof pieces by sponge painting the eaves and edges, and then applied Bron 'killer-red' tape to the entire roof, but left the protective backing in place for future application of the tarpaper... which was lightly over-sprayed with grey primer to kill the dead blackness of the paper.

I've primed the window mullions, and painted the window and door trims, which are all laser-cut in peel-and-stick material. They are next on the to-do list for assembly.

Time was called on the clinic before I got much further. All participants have been charged with the task of bringing their structures, finished or not, to the Fall PCR NMRA Coast Division meet on December 4th in San Leandro. http://www.pcrnmra.org/coast/index.shtml

I'll take some photos as soon as I glue it all together...

Here is the 4 by 6 RSLaserKit packaging...
RSLaserKit TT-6005.jpg
RSLaserKits TT-6005 Greg's
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby Bernd » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:05 am

Just put an order in for mine.

Bernd (supporting our suppliers)
Bernd

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:28 am

Bought mine off ebay :thumbup:
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby oldtrainguy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Ordered mine through the web site.
Don
oldtrainguy

Postby rslaserkits » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Thanks to everyone for the support. Sending 10 of to Germany tomorrow to a dealer so will see what happens. Can do more in TT just check out our new updated web site that went online this morning. Look at the N scale kits and let me know what you like and will see what I can do. Can do the detail parts easy in TT if there is a demand for the roofing , windows and doors and the siding sheets. Will have Brick and stone sheets plus some stucco sheets with exposed brick or stone out in N soon which I can do it TT also.
thanks
rich
www.rslaserkits.com
rslaserkits

New TT scale structures

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Hey gang, trying to get an idea what the interest is for more structures from RSLaserKits. If there is enough interest for something, Rich is willing to look at producing it. Take a look at the N scale stuff under the "kits" heading here http://www.rslaserkits.com/index.html (I assume anything but "Rolling Stock" is a possibility).
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: New TT scale structures

Postby Bernd » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:45 pm

I'd say we all need an engine house, whether single or double stall. A round house would really be nice.

The round house I'm looking at a kit with perhaps 3 to 4 stalls and then perhaps single stall add on for making a large round house. Those would be good for the steam era. For the diesel era I'd say a double stall corrugated one, or even brick.

Just some ideas.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby Bernd » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Can't wait for my kit to get here.

I've posted some ideas in Conducttor's thread. Engine terminal buildings would be a nice start with train stations and so on down the line.

Bernd
Bernd

Next

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade