New boxcar available soon

Re: New boxcar available soon

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Two questions:

How soon, and how much?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Rob M » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:34 pm

They should be ready to go by the middle of next week. All I have left to do is remake the master/mold for the bolster on the trucks (not sure how but they came out too long :wall: )

They have the roofwalk but I don't have anything for the ladders and grab irons. Maybe we can get Lok 'n Roll to do some etchings for them like he did for the Railboxes?
Dead image links removed.

The price will be $32 with wheels and $28 without wheels. The trucks are setup to work with Modmueller's 7mm sets but I have a limited supply of them. They might work with HP wheels but would need to have the holes drilled as they are tapered to match pointed axles.
Last edited by Rob M on Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob M

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:21 pm

How many road numbers will be available?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Rob M » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:50 pm

That's a good question. Along with "which railroads?"
Rob M

Postby sacto-tt » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:45 am

The only thing that dampens my enthusiasm is that SP never had any 40' PS-1 Boxcars. Oh well, lots of foreign road cars pass through everyday. Today I saw one still painted Southern and another one with the Western Pacific feather logo.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby Arseny » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:42 am

My preference is Midwest.
Arseny

Postby j p » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:49 am

Rob M wrote:They should be ready to go by the middle of next week. All I have left to do is remake the master/mold for the bolster on the trucks (not sure how but they came out too long :wall: )

They have the roofwalk but I don't have anything for the ladders and grab irons. Maybe we can get Lok 'n Roll to do some etchings for them like he did for the Railboxes?

The price will be $32 with wheels and $28 without wheels. The trucks are setup to work with Modmueller's 7mm sets but I have a limited supply of them. They might work with HP wheels but would need to have the holes drilled as they are tapered to match pointed axles.

Can roofwalks from GoldCoast/Lok-n-roll be used?
Ladders can be either Lok-n-roll or HP, no problem.
Grabirons and stirrups can be made of a wire, as on the G-31 gondola.
Modmueller can make the wheels of the correct diameter (6.9 mm) too, also RP-25 or finescale.

Regarding the decoration: I would like to help, but I am not 100% ready yet. I have learned how to operate a pad printing machine and I can make clichés for it. I have not learned (yet) how to paint fast using an air brush. (I use spray paint on my models)

Regarding the HP wheels: Would it be possible to make new axles and plastic inserts for the HP wheels? Maybe Modmueller could help with that? I have hundreds of HP (and HP-clone) wheelsets. The wheels are very good, they only need new axles.

Roof: any plans for diagonal panel roof? (for different 40' boxcars)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j p

Postby Taxari » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:23 am

Rob M: They have the roofwalk but I don't have anything for the ladders and grab irons. Maybe we can get Lok 'n Roll to do some etchings for them like he did for the Railboxes?

Hi Rob, maybe you like to check this one: http://lok-n-roll.de/product/zuruesttei ... el-boxcar/
Taxari

Postby Rob M » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:14 am

WOW, that Lok-n-roll etching looks like it would be perfect!! Below is one of the original GC roofwalks for comparison.

Regarding Modmueller wheels, the last time I bought some it was taking a long time for them to arrive so I tried to contact them to make sure they were sent. Somehow I ended up filing a claim against them (didn't mean to) and now they have me blocked from purchasing from them. So, I have about 70 wheel sets left and can't get any more.

Pad printing probably won't work to well since these are being sold as flat kits.

Dead image links removed.
Last edited by Rob M on Wed May 02, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob M

Postby Richard-B » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Rob M wrote:That's a good question. Along with "which railroads?"
The 8 ft 'high-tackboard' YSD/PS door version shown covers about 10,000 cars for 11 original owners up through 1954:
A&WP, C&O, CG, GA. L&N, LS&I, N&W, SAL, SL-SF, SSW, and VGN.

NOTE: Al's ERIE car needs 7-ft doors... (close enough?)

Mandatory SP Content: As pointed out... the SP never rostered any 40ft PS-1s... BUT the SSW did! (Whew...)
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion