NEM Knuckle Couplers for TT?

NEM Knuckle Couplers for TT?

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 am

Does anyone know if there are TT scale knuckle couplers that fit NEM pockets?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: NEM Knuckle Couplers for TT?

Postby krokodil » Thu May 24, 2018 2:42 am

AstroGoat760 wrote:Does anyone know if there are TT scale knuckle couplers that fit NEM pockets?

I do not think so, as there is a basic mechanical conflict between the Kadee couplers and the European systems.
All European couplers work in vertical direction, while the Kadee in horizontal. For that reason the Kadee coupler must be fixed to the vehicle in way that it block its horizonal movement ( it is used for coupling and uncoupling only). The European couplers do not have this limitation so the coupler pockets may swing around the vertical axle ( in modern constructions are even forced to do so (KKK mechanizm). The TT market is quite small for such device.
I know only the H0 ones (#17,18,19,20) even they need modification on the vehicle for correct operation.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:21 am

krokodil wrote:
AstroGoat760 wrote:Does anyone know if there are TT scale knuckle couplers that fit NEM pockets?

I do not think so, as there is a basic mechanical conflict between the Kadee couplers and the European systems.
All European couplers work in vertical direction, while the Kadee in horizontal. For that reason the Kadee coupler must be fixed to the vehicle in way that it block its horizonal movement ( it is used for coupling and uncoupling only). The European couplers do not have this limitation so the coupler pockets may swing around the vertical axle ( in modern constructions are even forced to do so (KKK mechanizm). The TT market is quite small for such device.
I know only the H0 ones (#17,18,19,20) even they need modification on the vehicle for correct operation.

Understood.

I was hoping to be able to use the same coupler pocket when I start my ACS-64 modifcation later this year (I hope).
AstroGoat760

Postby MacG » Thu May 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Dapol.co.uk has some for the NEM pockets. But I have no experiences with it.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we are shipping worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:03 pm

MacG wrote:Dapol.co.uk has some for the NEM pockets. But I have no experiences with it.

Thanks,

I will have to look into those eventually.
AstroGoat760

Postby Arseny » Sat May 26, 2018 4:08 am

I tried to use Dapol, but if you put the Dapol coupler in the NEM pocket, you still can't use them with the American cars with the Kadee couplers - the Dapol is positioned much lower.
Also, it can graze the ties.
Arseny

Return to General Discussion