Need NA TT model photos

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

Re: Need NA TT model photos

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks Joern, I already made a new banner though. You should be seeing it - or refresh the page.

Sent using Tapatalk
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby WillYart » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

What if you took folks to info about these photos upon clicking on them? My natural inclination is to click on them hoping for more info about the models depicted.
WillYart

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:41 pm

WillYart wrote:What if you took folks to info about these photos upon clicking on them? My natural inclination is to click on them hoping for more info about the models depicted.

Maybe at some point in the future. The right way to do this is to have the images change periodically and link to their respective topics. Right now though I don't have the time to babysit another thing :crazy:
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby MacG » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Okay, some info about my photos. It shows a ALCO FA-FB unit build by a&k tt-modell (Adrian and Kuehr). The base was a old model from HP, which was dublicated and cast in resin. The windows are milled in acryl. Handrails and wipers are brass (the wipers are fails at the photo :().The propulsion for the A-unit is a modified BR 218 from Tillig. The B-unit has no motor.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Off topic but - regarding the above post - is there a good way to make windows without having to mill plastic?

There is some material that a guy used on tt-board that turns transparent after it dries. He did a lot of custom stuff like splicing two BR218s together to make other locos. Ring a bell with anyone?
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm

MacG wrote:Okay, some info about my photos. It shows a ALCO FA-FB unit build by a&k tt-modell (Adrian and Kuehr). The base was a old model from HP, which was dublicated and cast in resin. The windows are milled in acryl. Handrails and wipers are brass (the wipers are fails at the photo :().The propulsion for the A-unit is a modified BR 218 from Tillig. The B-unit has no motor.

That is not likely.
I would rather belive that the base was an old model from Kemtron.
j p

Postby MacG » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 am

Sorry my fail. The base is from Kemtron. It certainly was an old model :wink:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby WillYart » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:10 am

ConducTTor wrote:
WillYart wrote:What if you took folks to info about these photos upon clicking on them? My natural inclination is to click on them hoping for more info about the models depicted.

Maybe at some point in the future. The right way to do this is to have the images change periodically and link to their respective topics. Right now though I don't have the time to babysit another thing :crazy:

No worries, I understand. How is the progress with the new layout?
WillYart

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 am

I put together the first pieces of the wood work last night :) Will start a new topic on it soon.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby WillYart » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:33 am

MacG wrote:Okay, some info about my photos. It shows a ALCO FA-FB unit build by a&k tt-modell (Adrian and Kuehr). The base was a old model from HP, which was dublicated and cast in resin. The windows are milled in acryl. Handrails and wipers are brass (the wipers are fails at the photo :().The propulsion for the A-unit is a modified BR 218 from Tillig. The B-unit has no motor.

Amazing, it looks great! Nice paint job.

ConducTTor wrote:I put together the first pieces of the wood work last night :) Will start a new topic on it soon.

Ok great to hear, I hope you'll share more soon! By the way I just finished cutting my risers.
WillYart

Previous

Return to About The Board