NA on German FKTT Modules

Re: NA on German FKTT Modules

Postby Zs12 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:17 am

LVG1 wrote:But on single track lines in Germany the station building is prototypically placed at the siding (for instance in Ortrand and in Lampertswalde). Passenger trains stopping there use the siding, so the main track is clear for other trains

This depends on the train frequency and other conditions/requirements. Whether single or mixed traffic, the root design of a yard is a two-track-station (main track plus siding) with only one switch. The more trains per time unit run through the yard, the better is it to divide the usage of the main track and add more tracks for specific needs. But small stations mostly have only one main track for freight and passenger service. Such basic designs can be seen on many short lines, for example in Oegeln, Schneeberg, Schönefeld (Krs. Luckenw.) etc. And there are also many cases, where the siding is located between the station building and the platform at the main track.
Zs12

Postby LVG1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 am

@ lüTTe:
You are right.
I only said, it's prototypical. I did not say, it was the only prototypical design.
I simply wanted to express that placing the station building at the siding instead of the main track was a good idea—at least not as bad as seamingly was seen.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby MacG » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm

I have now a version with the station between the siding and the main track. But I am came to the conclusion, I remove the station and it get its own module with a single or double track.

The track to the printery is not plausible, it can be the dashed variant, see version 9. It is in real cheaper, because of the leave off of the diamond/intersection. A new place for the factory must be found, so I can use a diamond. An example in version 6b. Or I move the shipping agency to the right and the diamond became plausible. Only so one can move to the printery, if there is already a car at the agency.

These are plans from yesterday, still with the station.
Attachments
Mactown6b.jpg
Mactown version 6b
Mactown9.jpg
Mactown version 9
Mactown10.jpg
Mactown version 10
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:46 pm

I've done a lot of searching and have not found even a single example where the passenger station is between the main track and the siding......
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm

ConducTTor wrote:I've done a lot of searching and have not found even a single example where the passenger station is between the main track and the siding......

Probably because doing so would make access to the station more difficult for potential passengers and shippers alike, in almost every case. However, we must remember to never say, "never".

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 pm

railtwister wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:I've done a lot of searching and have not found even a single example where the passenger station is between the main track and the siding......

Probably because doing so would make access to the station more difficult for potential passengers and shippers alike, in almost every case. However, we must remember to never say, "never".

Bill in FtL

Well that's the thing - I wanted to find ONE. That would give MacG the freedom to place the station like that if he wants and it would be prototypical.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Zs12 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:21 am

I thought Fergus Falls ex-GN-station, but I was wrong. There's just a 'half' siding behind the depot. Arrangements like this aren't so seldom.

[edit]

I think, I've found another one - Moline depot: http://www.atsfrr.org/resources/Sandife ... Moline.htm
... and there existed some more: http://www.atsfrr.org/resources/Sandife ... /index.htm
Last edited by Zs12 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zs12

Postby j p » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 am

I know one in Denmark: Padborg - but that does not help much for a NA module.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Padborg,+Denmark&hl=en&ll=54.823536,9.358259&spn=0.003801,0.008132&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=42.631141,66.621094&oq=padborg+statio&hnear=Padborg,+Denmark&t=h&z=17

It is hard to belive that nothing similar can be found in NA. I tried to ask Google and found this:
j p

Postby Marquette » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:56 am

Yeah, and that's from... 189x? 190x? I'd say definitely before WW1 at any rate.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby MacG » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Thanks guys! But I'm wrote at Tuesday, I remove the station and place it on a other module.
Attachments
Mactown11.jpg
Mactown version 11
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans