My first attempt...

My first attempt...

Postby areibel » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Dry Transfers! Tom from Clover House made a run of transfers for hopper cars, so I took the plunge!
This was my first try with dry transfers on rolling stock, I used a few on some buildings in the past but these were sooo nice! They went on really smooth, I did have a couple boo boos that were my fault but that's my rookie mistakes- I wasn't careful when lining the lettering up so it's a little crooked, and I pulled the sheet of and messed up the lettering in oe spot but that will just get a little extra weathering!

Nice Job on the transfers Tom!!!

areibel

Re: My first attempt...

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Not *too* bad ;)
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Tom Dempsey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Looks good Al, I guess I need to start thinking about what to print next, for myself I'm inclined to think X29 box car. Tom
Tom Dempsey

Postby ConnRiver » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Tom,

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but you're creating transfers in TT scale? Anything new since your last positing three months ago? Are you willing to create transfers for new items? I'm CNC cutting, as I can get to it, a TT scale NE-5 caboose (NH, B&M, CGW, Conrail at least).

-Brian Chapman
Evansdale, Iowa
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Postby Tom Dempsey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:53 am

Well, the short answer is no, nothing new in TT, yes, I'll be creating new dry transfers in TT down the line. We're having some glue chemistry issues at the moment that I'm trying to iron out, so at the moment I have four print runs (which include some TT content) in abeyance waiting for answers from vendors. I may also start doing some of the artwork in thinfilm waterslide decals, that's been an on again-off again project the last couple of years. Tom Dempsey, Spokane, WA
Tom Dempsey

Return to Prototypes / Models