MTB CSD 141, the Bobina

Re: MTB CSD 141, the Bobina

Postby Christtking » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:57 pm

Question to rdikken (and/or all the members). What do you mean the pantho is a dummy? Electrically or mechanically? I can not really tell by looking at pictures, but seems to me that the lower support swinging arms are made out of plastic which it makes the overhead catenary application absolete, no curent pick up posible from overhead wires thru the pantographs, no big deal, I can live with that. The thing that I do not know if they are able to go up and down.
Christtking

Postby j p » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Christtking wrote:Question to rdikken (and/or all the members). What do you mean the pantho is a dummy? Electrically or mechanically? I can not really tell by looking at pictures, but seems to me that the lower support swinging arms are made out of plastic which it makes the overhead catenary application absolete, no curent pick up posible from overhead wires thru the pantographs, no big deal, I can live with that. The thing that I do not know if they are able to go up and down.

Yes, they can move up and down
http://jacek-modely.cz/fotky/modely/141_MTB/141MTB_11.JPG
j p

Postby Christtking » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:45 am

To jp: Thank you!
Christtking

Postby rdikken » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:10 am

I saw it too late.

Yep they are electrically not connected.

Ciao,
Rob
rdikken

Postby Christtking » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:40 am

To rdikken (Rob): Thank you also! Same kind of thing PIKO did on their electrics BR 151's (refering to similar type of pantograph= scissor). All PIKO's electrics have no capabilities of collecting curent from overhad lines thru them pantos.
Christtking

Postby j p » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:47 pm

j p wrote:
Rich B wrote:
j p wrote:I will not comment on all the errors here. Many of them are quite disappointing because making the model correctly would not require any additional cost.

You're taking the time to make accusations, why not back them up?

Well, you've asked for that...

141MTBvsCSD.jpg

141MTBvsCSD2.jpg

The biggest errors (for me) are in the paint: the border between the green and ivory is too high, the yellow stripe is not wide enough, the engine number and CSD plate on the side is too high. All that could be done correctly at no additional cost.
Then:
Shape - the model is 3 mm shorter than it is supposed to be, battery box has 2 pressings instead of 3.
Wheels - the model does not have spoked wheels
Lights - the model does not have red end lights
Pantographs - this has been mentioned already

Update:
MTB has announced this engine in CD version - and it seems that this time they focused slightly more on the paint. That is good news! 141 in CD version has correct paint, all errors in paint I mentioned earlier have been fixed.
The other issues have not been fixed, but those are not so important for me.
http://www.mtb-model.com/pages/product.php?id=95&lang=&meritko=TT
j p

Postby Christtking » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Looks good! But still no wiper blades :think: :wall: :? :lol: :cry: :roll: :thumbup: :thinking: :clap:
Christtking

Postby j p » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:20 am

Christtking wrote:Looks good! But still no wiper blades :think: :wall: :? :lol: :cry: :roll: :thumbup: :thinking: :clap:

Those will never come. There are larger details to improve if MTB wants to make the model better: number plates, manufacturer plates, spoked wheels, color of the upper half of the body, length of the model, pantos, lights...
The important things is that this CD version is acceptable, the first CSD version was not.
j p

Postby Sventton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:22 pm

I just picked one of these up in eventual hopes of performing body surgery to get it resembling a Swedish prototype. Anyway I must say that the MTB build quality is quite good....heavy, decent low speed and overall speed control. Nice loco at a good price with Eurotrainhobby ' Christmas sale, all the CSD errors aside......
Sventton

Previous

Return to MTB TT Scale Models