MTB CSD 141, the Bobina

Re: MTB CSD 141, the Bobina

Postby Christtking » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:48 pm

To krokodil: :thumbup: . They are just models!, some of us expect a lot from the manufacturers to adapt a lot of details (if possible) especially when they are asking a lot of money for them, I hope you agree.
Christtking

Postby krokodil » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Christtking wrote:To krokodil: :thumbup: . They are just models!, some of us expect a lot from the manufacturers to adapt a lot of details (if possible) especially when they are asking a lot of money for them, I hope you agree.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
And sometimes the armchair modelers extra wishes drive the prices into the skies....
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Christtking » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:41 pm

To rdikken (and/or whomever interested) I am just trying to help! If anyone interested in upgrading this model there is a company that makes windshield wipers in HO scale (maybe they make other details). It is called A-LINE (a division of PROTO POWER WEST). They might be available only in the US. Their web site is: www.ppw-aline.com
At the moment I use article number 29201 Windshield wiper (short). I am not sure what article number is the long ones (could be 29200 or 29202?). They are moulded in grey color and come 8 sets per package. It's worth a try!
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:53 am

I just saw this, Euro Train Hobby has this loco (and others) under MTB brand, for sale. Price not too bad (reasonable) same range as TILLIG models. It's the quality any good? I don't want to purchase one (and find out that MTB uses the same technology as PERESVETU) and end up trowing it against the wall. Just asking!
Christtking

Postby j p » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:14 am

Christtking wrote:I just saw this, Euro Train Hobby has this loco (and others) under MTB brand, for sale. Price not too bad (reasonable) same range as TILLIG models. It's the quality any good? I don't want to purchase one (and find out that MTB uses the same technology as PERESVETU) and end up trowing it against the wall. Just asking!

I'd wait for more typical paint scheme.
j p

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:18 am

MTB's chassis and mechs are good.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:01 pm

ConducTTor wrote:MTB's chassis and mechs are good.

I can also vouch for the excellent quality of the MTB mechanisms.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Christtking » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Thank you guys! As I mentioned before I collect replicas of all the German eras and I also have some other countries (former Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, Switzerland, Austria, Romania etc from different eras). I just need some locos for those cars since I love all of them. Is this a freight loco, multi purpose or only passenger loco? Can I use it with the former BTTB double decker? (I do not know what era is that).
Christtking

Postby j p » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Christtking wrote:Thank you guys! As I mentioned before I collect replicas of all the German eras and I also have some other countries (former Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, Switzerland, Austria, Romania etc from different eras). I just need some locos for those cars since I love all of them. Is this a freight loco, multi purpose or only passenger loco? Can I use it with the former BTTB double decker? (I do not know what era is that).

It was a passenger engine. It was not built for freight but it was used for it sometimes.
There are not any cars available for it though (in this paint). Tillig and Kuehn make nice Y CSD cars - but none of them is suitable for 1990-1992.
Maybe the CSD cars made by TT-Model, but those are express cars and express trains were pulled by newer engines in 1990s.
(Kuehn's blue CSD 372.001 engine can pull those + some DR and MAV cars)
Another possibility would be CSD blue double deckers from Kuehn - but even that was rather an exception than typical use (and you'd need 2 engines).
You cannot use it for BTTB double decker set. The double decker sets were not in regular service in 1990s anymore.
But... if you want to wait, I am sure that MTB will make it also in 1960s or 1970s paint schemes. Then you can use it with the Y passenger cars and the double deckers too! You could also add Soviet sleeping cars to its train. It was pulling Prague-Moscow express.
Regarding the freight trains: this engine had a freight version too (called E469.1 or 121). It is also likely to be one of the future MTB models. http://www.zelpage.cz/fotogalerie/big/121004.jpg
j p

Postby Christtking » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:24 am

To jp: Thank you very much for the info! Very helpful! I totaly forgot about my CSD passenger cars and the restaurant from BTTB. The passenger cars type Y made by BTTB in the early 90's (after the company was bought by mister Carlo Parisel, before it was bought by Tillig) were given a different coat of green (fern green ?), they are more yellowish than the one I have from the 60's or 70's manufactured by KROKODIL (company) for old BTTB (this one is darker green). The later coaches released by Tillig before they became obsolete were painted different type of green (kind of like the old BTTB one). I guess the colors do not matter that much. I have some Russian prototype coaches manufactured by KRUGER/TT MODELL. I will be waiting for future liveries of this model.
Christtking

PreviousNext

Return to MTB TT Scale Models