more of us out there than we might think.

more of us out there than we might think.

Postby jmass » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 am

went to my local model railroad shop yesterday to pickup couplers for the gc boxcars and met a guy who does model painting, so i asked him how much it would cost to have the f unit painted to erie lackawana and he told me he had a six month backlog of stuff to finish before he took on anything new. he liked the f unitand boxcar that i brought with me,as i make it a point to bring something tt with me whenever i go there. so than he tells me i was the third person in the last two months two ask about painting something in tt scale. thought that was quite interesting and makes me wonder how many ( closet tters) we have out there.
jmass

Re: more of us out there than we might think.

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 am

I would not doubt it. There are quite a few out there that are into model railroading of all scales that are not online.

I remember a few years ago asking some older men that had gravitated towards the TT layout that I put up at a train show in Greenwich, CT one that showed photos of his layout. We asked him for his e-mail address, he said that he did not even have access to a computer. At a train show just north of East Windsor, CT (it was in Massachusetts, I can't remember where, but we did stop by the CT Trolley Museum there on the way back.) about 2 and half years ago, we found a booth with a bit of TT stuff for sale, including some cars, and most of a HP 0-6-0. The seller mentioned that he had sold a lot of TT items over the prior day, including a number of E-7's, 4-8-2's and a pair of Challengers. (Needless to say, I was a bit upset with Nicholle for not wanting to go to that show the day before.)

There is no doubt that there are more TT'ers out there. I have found that with our TTraveling Engine program, that a lot of past and present TT scalers come out of the woodwork when they see TT items being posed and displayed.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 pm

@ jmass - who is the guy you spoke to? He doesn't happen to go by "Monster Railroad" on the internets does he?
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:55 pm

ConducTTor wrote:@ jmass - who is the guy you spoke to? He doesn't happen to go by "Monster Railroad" on the internets does he?

Isn't that "Big Al Mayo" who's been busy this winter training to be a fireman somewhere in Connecticut?

bill in FL
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:19 pm

It is! I didn't know he was doing the fireman thing....so maybe Joe didn't talk to him.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby jmass » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:39 pm

no, this guy is a local, northern jersey. did not get his name but he did mention one of the guys with tt stuff had an rs3 he wanted painted. also told me the hardest part of painting my f unit would be getting the decals.
jmass

Postby areibel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:20 pm

I'll bet that was Steve Woodward, I'm on another list with him. I had contacted him about painting my RS3 from Ingo. Not cheap, but I didn't want to mess up that loco with a paint job for my first project. I am goingto have him do it, and I ordered decals already from Prime Mover Decals ( the best EL decals out there). I had to order 25 sets to have them made (his minimum order for custom work) but he charged me the same price for TT as HO- around $10 a set ( and there are a lot of decals on one sheet), I might be able to spare a set or two if you need them.
areibel

Postby jmass » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:47 am

thats sounds good Al, ill let you know. so im going from thinking i got some closet tters in my neck of the woods to what a small world it is!
jmass

Return to General Discussion