More from the board?

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

Re: More from the board?

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Anyone interested in some type of integration of the forum with Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc?
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 am

ConducTTor wrote:Anyone interested in some type of integration of the forum with Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc?

I have a Facebook account, but I don't use it, because I find that I simply don't like Facebook. They constantly send me emails that I have notifications, yet when I go to my page, it says there are no notifications. I also find it time consuming and difficult to navigate. I think this is done on purpose to inflate their users statistics.

So unless someone can come up with a compelling argument (or benefits) in favor of Facebook, I would say "NO!" to the question.

I see where Atlas Model Railrod Co. is shutting down their forums, but will keep their Facebook and Twitter accounts active. Personally, I think it's a mistake on their part, but in any event, it's unfortunate for all who have been using the Atlas Forums.

Bill in FL
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:27 am

I'm of the same mindset regarding FB but this forum is for everyone so if people want it I'll give it :)

I didn't realize Atlas is shutting down the forum. I think that's really Haggis stupid. Sure, the younger generation will go over to FB and continue there. But probably a big chunk of the older guys (the ones with money to buy models) will go bye bye. Again, stupid.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Juup » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:55 am

Useful perhaps to get views. I don't use Facebook myself. Don't want to contribute to FB becoming a/the universal portal for online interaction and information sharing :!:
Juup

Postby Zs12 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:04 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Anyone interested in some type of integration of the forum with Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc?

I don't use any of them but agree with Juup.
Zs12

Previous

Return to About The Board