More About the Forum Error

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

More About the Forum Error

Postby railtwister » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Alex,
I tried your suggestion given to me via the TT_IMS group about using Ctrl+r to reboot after having problems due to the recent "Forum Error" post you sent out. I'm not sure it worked, because when I first checked it, I tried to use the "view unread messages" option (which is how I start all my sessions on TTNut), and it kept re-directing me to sign-in, which was the problem I had from the start. However, subsequent testing revealed that the system does recognize my signing in, since I was able to access my personal profile, and read and post messages if I looked at them by category. The exception was when I tried to post a reply to your "Forum Error" post and I got a message that the post did not exist. The main problem however is that the system will not let me view the unread messages, which is rather inconvenient (am I the only one using this feature?).

I hope this latest bit of information will help restore the "View Unread Messages" option.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Re: More About the Forum Error

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:12 pm

railtwister wrote: The exception was when I tried to post a reply to your "Forum Error" post and I got a message that the post did not exist.

I killed that topic after everything got up and running again.

railtwister wrote:The main problem however is that the system will not let me view the unread messages, which is rather inconvenient (am I the only one using this feature?).

Do me a favor and send me a PM - I want to see what happens.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby TTjunky » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 pm

ConducTTor.

I've had problems logging into the forum under my registered user name (TTTeriffic). The login process keeps popping up in red letters "invalid user name." A fix wherein the user name remained the same, but the Adm changed the pass word worked-once. :(

I finally changed my user name to TTjunky and entered a new password and simply reregistered. Now I'm back in, and am happy, though I wish I could continue to use my original moniker. :grin:

I don't know if my situation is unique or is related somehow to the Forum Error.
TTjunky

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 am

I know all about this - I'm the adm :ugeek: Really don't know what to tell you - I wish you could have used your old username since that account has posts attributed to it. As per our emails, I had no problem logging in as you. Not sure what the deal is :think:

This is not related to yesterday's issues - those were site-wide and were caused by the hosting company.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby TTjunky » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 am

Yeah, Alex:

I got a new computer, tried to login to the forum, and it all "went to hell." Oh well, I'm probably more "TTjunky" than TTTeriffic" anyway. I happy just to be back! Cheers. :thumbup:
TTjunky

Postby Zs12 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:00 am

I had also some forum errors. I just deleted the browser cache and all ttnut.com cookies - that helped.
Zs12

Return to About The Board