Module Standard Poll

Module standard to use for TT scale.

Current NMRA standard with small updates as defined in "Hmmm.." topic.
13%
Single main standard of the AKTT type (refer to "LINKS" for AKTT).
33%
New "TT Nut" standard defined by us here.
53%

Total votes : 15

Re: Module Standard Poll

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Here is an idea that Nicholle came up with for the building of the modules:

To make it easier to measure out distances for things like distance between centerlines from the edge, between lines, etc, she took a section of wood used for stirring paint that we got from Home Depot, and measured out the distances converted from decimal inches to fractional inches and marked them off on the stir stick, making a guide rule that has made laying out the track for "roughing in" on the foam core a lot faster.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby BTTB Fan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:22 am

Good idea. I am a fan of templates and jigs for repeatable results. Alternatively, I use the 12" combination square (mine had both metrics and imperial gradations).
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby CSD » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

If no one can find any more faults, I think the wiring standard is done. Again, please check it out and give me your feed back.
TT Module General Wiring Standard Drawing.pdf
(133.45 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Everything looks very good to me. Thanks for your time to get this done. If no one has any objections I'll add it to the standards.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Looks excellent. Should we specify that the outlets are to be positioned rougly around the center of the connecting side? Otherwise, 12" cord may not be enough... But this is nitpicking. Thanks, CSD, for getting it together!
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby CSD » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:25 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:Looks excellent. Should we specify that the outlets are to be positioned rougly around the center of the connecting side? Otherwise, 12" cord may not be enough... But this is nitpicking. Thanks, CSD, for getting it together!

I'm going to add a layout drawing based on a 2' module to supplement this drawing. I will show the basic positioning of all the buses. Putting the bus runs close to the front to shorten the length of the feeders. Here is a picture of my home layout to illustrate. It doesn't use the same amount of buses but you'll get the idea.
PB110004.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:37 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Everything looks very good to me. Thanks for your time to get this done. If no one has any objections I'll add it to the standards.

Not seeing any objections so I'll add this within the next few days.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:10 am

Here is a suggestion: As far as the connecting plugs, perhaps there should be a color code as to what is getting connected (i.e. Inner line, Outer Line, Acc. AC Power), with either the face of the outlet plug painted or a colored tag next to each plug.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby CSD » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:49 am

AngrySailor302 wrote:Here is a suggestion: As far as the connecting plugs, perhaps there should be a color code as to what is getting connected (i.e. Inner line, Outer Line, Acc. AC Power), with either the face of the outlet plug painted or a colored tag next to each plug.

Sounds fine to me. The colour code should be the same as the wiring to avoid confusion and the buses/plugs should be laid out in the same order as the drawing with the AC aux bus/plug (pink/purple) in front and the inside track power bus/plug (red/black) toward the back. You could also write the bus name on or next to the plug with a felt.

On a separate subject, I would like to note that even if you are not using one of the buses, i.e. all your aux devices are DC, you are still required to install the all the buses for interconnectivity of the modules.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:58 am

CSD wrote:I would like to note that even if you are not using one of the buses, i.e. all your aux devices are DC, you are still required to install the all the buses for interconnectivity of the modules.

Absolutely.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion