Module Electrical Standards

Re: Module Electrical Standards

Postby CSD » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:48 am

BTTB Fan wrote:...Back to PowerPole stacking, I would REALLY like for the standard to spec it sooner rather than later. This is because I would like to crimp the wires to contacts in the proper position and not have to twist the wires later. Let's go with side-by side, just decide which end of the module will have "contacts-up", and shich will be "contacts-down". Please, CSD, pretty please!

No problem. I'll spend some time with the drawing tomorrow.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby BTTB Fan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:35 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:Info, primarily for Canadians on the board. I just placed an order for a bunch of 30A Powerpoles with sleeves matching our standard with vendor in Oshawa, Ontario. Price, including shipping was CAD$0.55 each (contact+sleve). They should arrive by the end of the week, and if all is well, I will be able to recommend this vendor.
Better deals can probably be found south of the border, but I prefer to support local enterpreneurs, and at the same time not worry about Customs.

Powerpoles arrived, and everything looks well. Here is seller's eBay Profile. Direct e-mail and PayPal payment would allow you to put together custom order and save some cash. PM me for his e-mail, or contact him through eBay with your requests. Disclaimer: Other than being a satisfied customer, I am not in any way affiliated with the guy.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:52 pm

I agree with the SAE plug. Anything that makes something idiot proof is a good thing. One would have to be an extreme moron to even try to hook that up to 120V.

The SAE plug is made by a good number of companies, so supply is not an issue. However a problem is the difficulty in making and breaking connections with some makes.

Perhaps instead of two 2-conductor SAE plugs, a single 4-conductor plug can be used, but that may make wiring too confusing for some.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby CSD » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:59 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:I agree with the SAE plug. Anything that makes something idiot proof is a good thing. One would have to be an extreme moron to even try to hook that up to 120V.

The SAE plug is made by a good number of companies, so supply is not an issue. However a problem is the difficulty in making and breaking connections with some makes.

Perhaps instead of two 2-conductor SAE plugs, a single 4-conductor plug can be used, but that may make wiring too confusing for some.

Sorry, Sailor, but we are going with powerpoles. Please take a look at the articles posted in this topic for details.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Alrighty Then....

I have twenty 30A PowerPoles on the way (10 Black, 10 Red).

I plan on ordering more for use with my tractors (I need a easy on/off connector for the PTO coil, and for the trailer lighting) so I should have a few extra on hand if anyone needs a couple rather soon.
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:11 am

Bad News.....

The idiots at the local post office lost my box of Power Poles. Since they claim to have "delivered" the box to someone who signed for it, despite the signature on the form is not mine, they are refusing to pay to replace them.

And they wonder why the USPS is losing customers......
AstroGoat760

Postby BTTB Fan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 am

That sucks, man! I would contact USPS Customer Service and complain (not that there is a high chance of success, but still...)
I had a parcel with a Mehano Blue Tiger coming to me from Poland disappear in a Toronto-area postal distribution center. I had the repalcement shipped to me, but ended up paying for the fully insured express service, which on top of $50 postage resulted in taxes and "processing fees" being applied on it. In the end I have a very expensive loco, and the seller in Poland will probabaly get back all of $15 (cost of postage) for the lost "regular mail" parcel with a $200 loco inside...
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:That sucks, man! I would contact USPS Customer Service and complain (not that there is a high chance of success, but still...)
I had a parcel with a Mehano Blue Tiger coming to me from Poland disappear in a Toronto-area postal distribution center. I had the repalcement shipped to me, but ended up paying for the fully insured express service, which on top of $50 postage resulted in taxes and "processing fees" being applied on it. In the end I have a very expensive loco, and the seller in Poland will probabaly get back all of $15 (cost of postage) for the lost "regular mail" parcel with a $200 loco inside...

I did complain to the local post master, who called me a "GI Jerk", so I contacted the USPS customer "service" and they refused to pay for the item, despite it being insured, as it was "signed for and delivered", despite the signature on the page looking nothing like mine or Nicholle's. The Haggis on the other end of the line told me that I needed to file a police report, and that is all that can be done.

Mmmmm, yeah, like calling the Rotten Groton police helped anything. I have called the non-emergency number for them so that a report could be filed. They never showed up, and told me to "cease and desist" calling them over the lost package. (Keep in mind this is the same police department that told me that I was "over-reacting after a local civilian woman scraped against my car and threatened to stab Nicholle with a knife when Nicholle tried to confront the woman about it. The dispatcher was able to hear the woman's threats over the phone. But, according to the officer that showed up, the woman did not have a knife, and therefore, despite the woman in question admitting that she was speeding, clipped my car, and had made those threats; nothing was done other than to give me a written warning for "abusing 911".

This is the same department that refused to file a report after Nicholle was hit by another civilian so hard that the truck's axle got bent and as Nicholle was seven months pregnant at the time, it caused Nicholle to go into labor, which was stopped by the local hospital only 14 hours later, after she started bleeding in a manner that she should not have been.

This is the same department that ordered me to plow a neighbor's driveway for free back in 2008 with my tractor as I "own a tractor, therefore it is my responsibility" to plow her driveway. When I asked the bitch-cop that made the order if by the same logic that the neighbor use her Ranger to help me move for free.
Quote the fat cop "That is what U-haul is for."

When I refused to obey that illegal order, that cop came out and tried to steal the tractor in question. After I threatened to sue after she smashed the camera that I used to take pictures of her and the neighbor Haggis trying to load my tractor into one of the city of Groton's city service trucks, they quite literally dropped the tractor where it was.

Fortunately that neighbor from hell moved not long after that.

Then there was the ticket I got for wearing one of my "Connecticut Sucks" t-shirts from the Rotten Groton police. A call to the ACLU got that ticket dropped.

There are reasons I why I hate connecticut so much. And trust me, I am not the only one that has had these kinds of problems with the USPS, the Rotten Groton Police, and the corrupticut state government. (Remember, this is the state that claims that the state can take private property away under eminent domain and give said property to private companies that will bring tax and/or tourist money to the state. Nicholle and I damn near got bit with that one....)
AstroGoat760

Postby CSD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Okay, so I finally got around to working on this. Please review it and let me know if any information is missing or unclear.
10-03-29 TT Module General Wiring Standard Drawing_3.jpg

Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Thank you sir. :thumbup:
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Electric / DCC