Model Train Show Vancouver 12-13 November

Re: Model Train Show Vancouver 12-13 November

Postby scaro » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:41 am

Marquette wrote:The caboose is still only about 70% finished. Need to finish the weathering, and I may redo the roof - had to just throw something together to make the model presentable for the show. Also need to swap the trucks for arch bars to match a photo taken in the mid-1950s I'd been using for reference.

PSC do a very fine injection molded HOn3 archbar of about 14mm wheelbase (5'7" in TT) that looks good in TT.

Ben
scaro

Postby Carsten » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:43 pm

MacG wrote:Last Saturday was a meeting in Dresden ...
:o :cry:
Carsten

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Trains 2011 Wrap Up.

As seems to be usual with train shows these day, I came home with a cold. Not too bad a one, just an inconvenience for a week or two. Feeling alive now.

Looking at the display right after the show all I could see was the flaws, but now with a bit of distance I can view it more objectively.

It looked OK and with the right equipment ran well.
For something that was initially presented as a concept in January and then built over the summer, I am not displeased with the current finished product.

A quick picture, not of the best quality, but then I am neither and experienced photographer nor do i have a good camera, of the display. The tan modules are the quick solution to the bad reverse curve between two modules. The light brown box on the left is a Berliner TT Presentation set; A Berliner Train Set mounted on a base and stored in a very nice box. To the right you can see our holder full of TT Scale handouts.

One thing I had made for the show was a "TT Tracks" bag. Made in very limited numbers to commemorate the first ever TT-Tracks display, I gave one to each of those who were at the display. I still owe one to Robert. I may make more for general distribution but they will have a red logo.

It's looking like the next display will be in March: Western Rails. I have started communication with the show coordinator to see if we can get the tables we need. I expect a two table wide display (sixteen feet) and hope to have one end two tables deep for the TT tracks display.

Bill Dixon
North Vancouver, BC
Attachments
20111113 trains display 2.jpg
20111113 trains display 1.jpg
tt tracks bag.jpg
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Arseny » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Best wishes to you for March 2012!
I am afraid I can't be with you, but I'll be with you in my mind, and I'll watch you from the Western (or Eastern?.. :) ) coast.

The "S"-shaped curves are the bad thing, the train will derail on it of course. You must put some straight piece of rails between the curves.

And of course you need some more scenery.

But in any case I am sure that the show with the TT display is a great thing!
Arseny

Postby dileTTante » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:06 am

Here's a video of the train show. No TT in it, but maybe somethings of interest--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98VTTyUHLCM
dileTTante

Previous

Return to General Discussion