Model Train Exhibition - Puyallup, WA 2012/14-16

Re: Model Train Exhibition - Puyallup, WA 2012/14-16

Postby richardedmonds » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 am

railtwister wrote:Hi Enrico,

This was a very impressive display, even more so considering it was a one man show, and in TT scale, too. Congratulations on a fine job, and I think all TT scalers owe you thanks for doing such a good job of putting TT in the spotlight! Any more info on the design, construction, and assembly/dis-assembly of your layout will be appreciated.

Bill in FtL

Yes I agree, this sort of work is an inspiration to do something myself instead of bleating on about it.
richardedmonds

Postby knuddelfisch » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:35 am

Hey guys,

I added some pictures and information on the assembly and dis-assembly here:

http://www.facebook.com/TTScaleModelRailroad

Are you guys able to get to this page even without Facebook account?
knuddelfisch

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:12 am

Fantastic work - really great. Thanks for posting more pics (on FB). Your layout is so great I don't have the proper words for it.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby MacG » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:54 pm

knuddelfisch wrote:Are you guys able to get to this page even without Facebook account?

Yes. I can see it without a FB account.

Nice pics!
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby railtwister » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:28 pm

After seeing all the recent photos, I have an even greater appreciation of just how much work you put into showing your layout to the public. Great job! Thanks for all your efforts (and all the pictures), I wish I could have been there to see it in person!

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby TTTerrific » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Kuddlefisch,

Great job! Look forward to seeing more photos as the work progresses over time. While I'm a big fan of the Iris Creek Valley, it's really nice to see a first-rate TT American style layout "a-buildin'" on this side of the pond.
TTTerrific

Postby knuddelfisch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:30 am

Thanks a lot guys for your kind words. It would be quite something if we could have a mid-year 2013 TT workshop somewhere in the US. I could volunteer for a location, food, fun and room to stay!
But now I wish everybody a Very Merry Christmas, some good time with our hobby and a Happy New Year 2013!!

Enrico.
knuddelfisch

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:01 am

knuddelfisch wrote:The Show is over!!

We had a very exciting Sunday with a little less visitors than the record breaking Saturday.
The layout went smooth again and I had more time for good conversations, demonstration and letting young and old kids control a couple of trains on the layout!

Overall it was very much appreciated by everybody that they were able to see a TT layout live in action and a crazy guy who brought a working helix to a show... :whistle: And the layout was rate as the best layout of the Show! :P :thumbup:

You had a very nice display, great scenery on parts, trains moving without problems, lots of space. Everything that a display should be.

Everywhere I have been with a TT-Scale display, even just one module with a model or two on it, people were interested.
It is worthwhile to do shows like this. It brings more TT Scale modelers out of the wood work.

knuddelfisch wrote:I could have used some more helping hands during show hours. It was quite tough to operate, talk and handle the crowd. I hope that may some of you can join next year! Would be awesome! :clap:

I would have loved to have been there and when I had the dates wrong (I thought it was the weekend before) it was possible to come on Sunday, however that weekend was my birthday (not a big one This year) and after a good evening with family and friends I didn't have much energy for anything Sunday.

Perhaps if you are at a show at a different time of year, December is very busy for me, I can come for the whole weekend.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby knuddelfisch » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:21 am

No problem at all Bill!!

I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas and wish a Happy New Year 2013!!
knuddelfisch

Postby knuddelfisch » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi guys,

I added some more details about my TT-Scale depot:

http://www.facebook.com/TTScaleModelRailroad

Have fun and get inspired!! :thumbup:
knuddelfisch

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion