Model Shop

Post your photos and video links here

Model Shop

Postby CSD » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:14 pm

I was thinking that most of you have not had the opportunity to buy TT off the shelf. Until my visits to europe neither had I. Here are a few pictures of the one in Ostrava, conveniently located in the main train station. The shop is small, but has a huge inventory.
PA220258.jpg
The Shop

PA220260.jpg
HO, N and Others

PA220259.jpg
Yes, This is All TT!

Dreams can come true!
Mark
//S
CSD

Re: Model Shop

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:24 pm

I'll tell you guys a little secret.

Ever since I came to the US as a kid, I've had a recurring dream that I go to a hobby shop and they have TT trains. I still have this dream. Really.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:25 pm

I remember a hobby shop that I went to in Brest, France that had some TT on display, just not for sale. "No sell at any price!"

It did not strike me as such until I got a box of BTTB trains that included the same engine and passenger cars as the display had.

I did buy a model train set there, though, but I had a hard time fitting it into my rack and living down the jokes in the diesel room about my train set.

HO scale is the same in France as it is in the US, the engines even have the same power demand, just a different supply voltage to the transformer.

What was really funny was some bored ship's electricians running power from the ship to the train set using their test gear and spare parts.

This may be a pipe dream right now, but hopefully we can eventually get TT back into hobby shops here......
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Richard-B » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:39 am

IMHO... TT in US hobby shops is beyond a dream.

But... next time you're in Budapest... try Deák Modellsport,
http://www.deakmodellsport.hu/rolunk.html

Last year I picked-up a brand new Piko Taurus in MÁV (Hungarian National Railroads) colors.
Shows what -can- be done where there is a real market for TT, i.e. Central Europe.
---------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby CSD » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:11 am

Richard-B wrote:IMHO... TT in US hobby shops is beyond a dream.

But... next time you're in Budapest... try Deák Modellsport,
http://www.deakmodellsport.hu/rolunk.html

Last year I picked-up a brand new Piko Taurus in MÁV (Hungarian National Railroads) colors.
Shows what -can- be done where there is a real market for TT, i.e. Central Europe.

Oh yes! As a European modeler, not to mention a TTer, there is nothing in the shops here. Even the so called speciality shops have only a few pieces. the sheer amount of exclusive models in the stores there makes it seem like we are only scratching the surface of what is available in North America. Its funny that you mention the above store. I'm very interested in acquiring one of their 2 axel shunters for assisting my electrics on and off the turn table and those MAV electrics look pretty smart too.
Mark
//S
CSD

Return to Photos / Videos