Missing 50' Box Car Post

This sub forum is meant to be a model library. Feel free to add any information / pictures and your own reviews on models. If a topic on your model already exists, please add to it. Otherwise, start a new one.

Missing 50' Box Car Post

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Is it my imagination or was there a posting asking how much you would be willing to pay for a 50' box car?
I am sure I saw that post or message but can't find it now.
Anyways as I probably paid $50 CDN per Gold Coast 40' car, I would pay $ 55 or a bit more for a good 50' Box Car.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: Missing 50' Box Car Post

Postby RodTT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:20 am

Bill Dixon wrote:Is it my imagination or was there a posting asking how much you would be willing to pay for a 50' box car?
I am sure I saw that post or message but can't find it now.
Anyways as I probably paid $50 CDN per Gold Coast 40' car, I would pay $ 55 or a bit more for a good 50' Box Car.

Is that in kit form or ready to run? The Lok-n-Roll 50ft steel boxcars recently posted on their website start at 99 euros or about 115 dollars for RTR.
RodTT

Postby MacG » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:16 pm

@Bil Dixon: Do you mean this topic? I can also vaguely remember a topic where an H0-manufacturer would produce cars in TT. But I can't find the topic. From user Shipsure? :think:

@RodTT: You have forgotten to remove the VAT. Today, a model for 99 euros is around $ 97.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby RodTT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:02 pm

MacG wrote:@Bil Dixon: Do you mean this topic? I can also vaguely remember a topic where an H0-manufacturer would produce cars in TT. But I can't find the topic. From user Shipsure? :think:

@RodTT: You have forgotten to remove the VAT. Today, a model for 99 euros is around $ 97.

Yes, of course, I forgot that VAT is deducted for the US. I'm in the UK and have to pay it.
RodTT

Postby MacG » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:02 am

Maybe it will change for you in the future with the exit of Great Britain from the EU.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Return to TT Scale Models