Mini Diorama

Re: Mini Diorama

Postby Bernd » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:08 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:That is a real tight fit, but hey it looks nice thus far.


Thanks Angry. There's at least 2 scale feet between the rolling stock and the stone work. Enough clearance for a spur to a factory/warehouse, what ever. Now main line, that would be a different story.

Bernd
Image
User avatar
Bernd
 
Posts: 837
Images: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Rochester, New York

Re: Mini Diorama

Postby sman » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:04 am

Looking really nice Bernd. :thumbup:
Henryk
User avatar
sman
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia.

Re: Mini Diorama

Postby Bernd » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:17 am

sman wrote:Looking really nice Bernd. :thumbup:


Thanks "sman", much appreciated.

Bernd
Image
User avatar
Bernd
 
Posts: 837
Images: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Rochester, New York

Re: Mini Diorama

Postby TiTan downunder » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Bernd, that rockwork is looking REAL good.

Your work crews sound about the same as mine.

Ian
TiTan downunder
 
Posts: 242
Images: 0
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:14 pm
Location: NSW Australia

Re: Mini Diorama

Postby ConnRiver » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:25 pm

Bernd,

As usual, really nice work. And, I'm highly interested in how well your cast resin track works. I was really leery about whether resin tie strips would flow, fearing they wouldn't bend. You've proven otherwise.

I'd say I'll try to catch up with you in building a layout, but I'll wager I can't catch up. Happy to follow in your footsteps!

-Brian C.
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 am
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA

Re: Mini Diorama

Postby Bernd » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:19 am

ConnRiver wrote:Bernd,
As usual, really nice work. And, I'm highly interested in how well your cast resin track works. I was really leery about whether resin tie strips would flow, fearing they wouldn't bend. You've proven otherwise.

I'd say I'll try to catch up with you in building a layout, but I'll wager I can't catch up. Happy to follow in your footsteps!

-Brian C.


Thanks Brian. The resin is quite flexible. Though as time goes on the resin becomes hard and will not take a sharp bend. It's still flexible though. I plan on redesigning it with the connection strip down the center. Makes the ties spacing look better when the fan out.

Have you looked at this thread? http://www.ttnut.com/otter-creek-falls-coal-lumber-rwy-t2600.html

This will eventually be part of at least two modules for taking to shows.

Bernd
Image
User avatar
Bernd
 
Posts: 837
Images: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Rochester, New York

Re: Mini Diorama

Postby ConnRiver » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Bernd wrote:Brian. The resin is quite flexible. Though as time goes on the resin becomes hard and will not take a sharp bend. It's still flexible though. I plan on redesigning it with the connection strip down the center. Makes the ties spacing look better when the fan out.

Have you looked at this thread? http://www.ttnut.com/otter-creek-falls-coal-lumber-rwy-t2600.html
This will eventually be part of at least two modules for taking to shows.

Bernd


Bernd, I've read the entire Otter Creek thread (and I saw it on MRH, too). I've got ceiling tiles here for use on scenery, but since I've got a city scape . . . thought I could use them to create a shallow slope down to the track then on to the river. Buildings and streets would then rest on gentle contours for scenic interest.

I like the idea of a center connection on tie strips. Have you tried it yet?

-Brian C.
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 am
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA

Re: Mini Diorama

Postby Bernd » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:53 pm

ConnRiver wrote:I like the idea of a center connection on tie strips. Have you tried it yet?
-Brian C.


That's next after the track jig. A total redesign of the resin molds.

Bernd
Image
User avatar
Bernd
 
Posts: 837
Images: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Rochester, New York

Previous

Return to Layouts / Track Plans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests