Mehano Bombardier Blue Tiger model 55534 T 509 HVLE

Mehano Bombardier Blue Tiger model 55534 T 509 HVLE

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Due to the detail and mechanics of this locomotive, it is the crown jewel of my collection.
I bought it as a display model with no box or manual so I can't comment on those.
This is a CO-CO diesel with 15mm between axles. Distance from bogie center to bogie center is 122mm with bogie pivot points offset 2mm forward - for a distance of 126mm from bogie pivot to bogie pivot. This is a long loco!
Lighting is directional 3 forward 2 rear, electrical pickup as well as drive is all 12 wheels. There are 4 traction tires.
There are provisions for DCC and also(!) for a speaker (see closeup picture of belly tank).
The model is super smooth and quiet. Detail is downright exquisite. The walkways have a detailed diamond plate look, the paint is sharp, the various vents and exhausts have minute detail in them. There are metal grab handles across the top of the hood on each access panel, metal handles at the doors of the cabs and the railing is metal as well. To get an understanding of the level of detail and closeness to the prototype, you have to look at the railing. At one end of the hood, the railing "steps out" a bit around the radiators - this detail can be seen in the last picture of this post.
There are no extra parts to mount - everything is already there.
Comes with Tillig type couplers.
I consider this model THE state of the art in TT scale manufacturing. The Brawa E95 is a close 2nd.

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_side.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_front.jpg
Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_front.jpg (38.28 KiB) Viewed 2354 times

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_top.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_bottom.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_speaker.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_handles.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_railing.jpg
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Mehano Bombardier Blue Tiger model 55534 T 509

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_detail_1.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_detail_2.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_detail_3.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_detail_4.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_detail_5.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_detail_6.jpg

Mehano_Bombardier_Blue_Tiger_HVLE_detail_7.jpg
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Mehano Bombardier Blue Tiger model 55534 T 509

Postby scaro » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:29 pm

. . . and having made this, for their next trick, Mehano went bust, didn't they?

It is a fantastic looking loco. I've seen them on metre gauge in Malaysia. A sight to behold.

Ben
scaro

Re: Mehano Bombardier Blue Tiger model 55534 T 509

Postby Marquette » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 pm

As far as I can tell, Ben, no.

Besides the Blue Tiger, www.mehano.si lists in TT:

GM JT42 in five versions (http://www.mehano.si/?PID=5&CID=59&ID=747)
Vossloh G2000 in 4 versions (http://www.mehano.si/?PID=5&CID=59&ID=746)
Sggmrss container flat in six versions (http://www.mehano.si/?PID=5&CID=59&ID=744)

So... hopefully there'll be more, too. I think if anyone, they might be persuaded to make a GM G16 or other EMD export locomotives, given the presence of these on Slovenian rails...

Mehano has come a loooooong way from when they were making those cheap train sets in the 1980s!
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Re: Mehano library model Q & A

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:23 pm

Mehano's existence or lack there of has been a topic of conversation on a bunch of forums for the past year and a half. There is a guy from Poland selling these on Ebay (US) from time to time. One came up a month or two ago and another 3 days ago. I bought the last one and enquired with the gentleman if Mehano is still producing. His response was that they will produce more products if there is enough demand. Anyway, I hope they stick around because if this model is a sign of what future products may be like, we're in for a treat.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Mehano Bombardier Blue Tiger model 55534 T 509 HVLE

Postby Dibbedabb » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:52 am

Here's an update to the Mehano situation. The German sales is now made by Lemke. According to them Mehano itself was never bankrupt, but only the German distributor. And since Germany was Mehano's largest and most important market for model trains, they focused a bit on their other products, like toys.

Although not on their website Lemke has the Blue Tiger back in program, in 2 or 3 versions (MKB and both HVLE, I think but don't know for sure). They sold it for 90 Euros at the Intermodellbau in Dortmund. Now I have a second Blue Tiger :mrgreen:

They are currently looking for a partner to make a new model. They say, they would like, but they would need a large dealer who would pay for a limited edition for example. For this they asked Modellbahnshop Sebnitz, but last week there was no answer yet. So, it remains open. Let's cross fingers and get on Modellbahnshop's nervs :mrgreen:
Dibbedabb

Postby Arseny » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:07 am

Dibbedabb wrote:They are currently looking for a partner to make a new model. They say, they would like, but they would need a large dealer who would pay for a limited edition for example. For this they asked Modellbahnshop Sebnitz, but last week there was no answer yet. So, it remains open. Let's cross fingers and get on Modellbahnshop's nervs :mrgreen:

They look for a new model? Why not resize some of their HO-scale steam locomotives in TT, for example?.. :wink: :smile:
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:51 am

Wow! I hope it works out. I think the Blue Tiger model is THE standard for tt as far as quality. If they made another model I would have a hard time not buying it.

Sent using Tapatalk
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Dibbedabb » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi! Yeah, I also hope they make something new, but they should make it easier to open :wink:
Dibbedabb

Postby scaro » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 am

i am interested in whether the mehano N loks were taken over by lemke too. i can see no evidence of it though.

the only reason is if gauge adjustable, a 1:160 blue tiger mech -if accurate- is likely to be right for a 1:120 U25B and most early U boats. being a hood loco, should have no issues fitting into a TT hood.

don't ask me the maths, but trust me, it stacks up, the issue is whether the surgery is doable.
scaro

Next

Return to Mehano TT Scale Models