Mark's Train Set

Re: Mark's Train Set

Postby CSD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 am

Arseny wrote:... My favorite was ChS-4T...

I didn't know that Skoda built those. They did/do not run in Czechoslovakia/Czech Rep./Slovakia.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby CSD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 am

Ballast and weathering of the mainline is done, so I was able to do a stretch of grass on the embankment. This is just the first coat. There will be more layers plus bushes and tall weeds. I think the colour variation looks pretty good.
acg.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Marquette » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:42 am

Pretty good? It looks great!
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Gorgeous!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby LVG1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:31 pm

CSD wrote:

I didn't know that Skoda built those. They did/do not run in Czechoslovakia/Czech Rep./Slovakia.

Škoda built a lot of locomotive types which were never purchased by ČSD / ČD.
In former Soviet Union all electric locomotives for passenger service were obtained from Škoda. They are easily discernable from their designation starting with ЧС (ChS) which means Чехословацкого производства (Chekhoslovackovo proizvodstva / of Czechoslovakian production).
Last edited by LVG1 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby j p » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

LVG1 wrote:
CSD wrote:

Škoda built a lot of locomotive types which were never purchased by ČSD / ČD.
In former Soviet Union all electric locomotives for passenger service were obtained from Škoda. They are easily discernable from their designation starting with ЧС (ChS) which means Чехословацкого производства (Chekhoslovackovo proizvodstva / of Czechoslovakian production).

SZD used a wider clearance than CSD, so CSD could not really use those locomotives (with the only exception of broad gauge track from Uzgorod to Kosice steel mill, but there they didn't need more, the E469.5 were sufficient http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%8CSD-Baureihe_E_469.5 and no use for passenger service locomotives at all.)
E.g. SZD could use Skoda locomotive types developed for CSD, but CSD could not use Skoda locomotive types developed for SZD.
j p

Postby Arseny » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm

LVG1 wrote:In former Soviet Union all electric locomotives for passenger service were obtained from Škoda.

To say the truth, not ALL of them. There were some electric locomotives for passenger service, built in Soviet Union (in Russia), in Novocherkassk. They were VL60p (ВЛ60п). Also VL19, VL22M, VL23 were universal - freight/passenger.
But later the plant in Novocherkassk ceased the production of passenger locomotives, and most of them were really from Skoda.
Arseny

Postby LVG1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 pm

j p wrote:SZD used a wider clearance than CSD, so CSD could not really use those locomotives (with the only exception of broad gauge track from Uzgorod to Kosice steel mill, but there they didn't need more, the E469.5 were sufficient

That's basically correct.
But there were some mainlines where Soviet non-UIC-sleepers had a special permit to be used there. These non-UIC-sleepers also needed a wider clearance. So, theoretically there the locomotives for Soviet Union could also have been used. But practically they were not.
But these lines were used to transport these locomotives from the manufacturer to the Soviet border.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
LVG1

Postby LVG1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Arseny wrote:They were VL60p (ВЛ60п).

True.
I tried to answer quickly. So I didn't look into each single page on http://scado.narod.ru/catalog3/r_catalog.htm.
But if you want to be absolutely correct, you'll have to list all variants: ВЛ60П (VL60P), ВЛ60П (VL60P) and ВЛ60ПК (VL60PK).

Arseny wrote:Also VL19, VL22M, VL23 were universal - freight/passenger.

I didn't care of them because they are listed as freight locomotives on http://scado.narod.ru/catalog3/r_catalog.htm.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
LVG1

Postby CSD » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Dandelions.
photo-4.JPG
Mark
//S
CSD

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans