Magnorail

Magnorail

Postby krokodil » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Have you seen this system?

http://www.magnorail.com/clips_nl.html

I saw the prototypes some years ago, and it was very impressing. Now the commercial model is available and I think it is relatively easy to adopt to any scale incl. the TT.
Just the figures and the bicycle must be reduced to our scale.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
User avatar
krokodil
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Magnorail

Postby railtwister » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:31 am

krokodil wrote:Have you seen this system?

http://www.magnorail.com/clips_nl.html

I saw the prototypes some years ago, and it was very impressing. Now the commercial model is available and I think it is relatively easy to adopt to any scale incl. the TT.
Just the figures and the bicycle must be reduced to our scale.


That's pretty awesome! Besides the bicyclist, which is probably the most interesting and clever transportation piece, it could be used to animate other things as well, such as cars, forklifts, maybe even horses, in all scales. I wonder how tight the turns can be made without jamming the mechanism?

Bill in FtL
railtwister
 
Posts: 722
Images: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 am
Location: Oakland Park (Ft. Lauderdale), FL, USA

Re: Magnorail

Postby CSD » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 pm

railtwister wrote:... it could be used to animate other things as well, such as cars...


A good alternative to the Faller car system for TT.
Mark
//S
User avatar
CSD
 
Posts: 2275
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:31 pm
Location: St. Albert, Alberta, Canada

Re: Magnorail

Postby krokodil » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:02 am

As I saw it in original the turns were very smal - less than 5 cm in radius.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
User avatar
krokodil
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Magnorail

Postby LVG1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:07 pm

CSD wrote:A good alternative to the Faller car system for TT.


I think, both have pros and cons.

With Magnorail you can move really small vehicles (like bicycles, for instance). This fact makes it interesting. But you stick to one fix route. You can't switch between alternative routes and you can't make two routes cross each other.

With Faller Car System both is easily possible. But you need large vehicles because you have to install a motor and batteries.

So you should first determine your priorities before you decide on a system.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
User avatar
LVG1
 
Posts: 864
Images: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:01 am
Location: Guben / Gubin; Germany? Poland?—No, Lusatia!


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests