Lok&Rol

Lok&Rol

Postby jmass » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Did lok&rol shut down there ebay store. its not on their webpage anymore.
jmass

Re: Lok&Rol

Postby Taxari » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:57 am

They create a new own webshop at the moment, expected finished next week.
Taxari

Postby Bill Dixon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:06 am

Big news coming from Lok&Rol.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: Lok&Rol Purchases Gold Coast TT

Postby railtwister » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 am

Bill Dixon wrote:Big news coming from Lok&Rol.

While the purchase of Gold Coast TT by Lok&Rol is undoubtedly a good thing for those TT modelers in Europe, it simply means that for those in the USA, TT will just be that much more expensive and difficult to get.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby j p » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:41 am

railtwister wrote:
Bill Dixon wrote:Big news coming from Lok&Rol.

While the purchase of Gold Coast TT by Lok&Rol is undoubtedly a good thing for those TT modelers in Europe, it simply means that for those in the USA, TT will just be that much more expensive and difficult to get.

Bill in FtL

Depends.
If they find a distributor in the USA (who could receive shipments directly from China) , it can remain less expensive in the USA than in Europe.
j p

Postby Zs12 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:09 am

It's a real pity to hear that! :| Felix made a great job for NA-TT in the past, I think. I would have never jumped into it without his fine models.
Zs12

Postby areibel » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:50 am

I don't think it's such a bad thing, especially if L&R will remove the VAT to sell to North America? Shipping may be higher, but shipping isn't cheap anywhere anymore. I'm hoping that L&R will have the time to pursue some of the other GC projects, like his reefer and maybe even more new TT. If they can produce different roof panels or ends for the existing cars, that might open up a whole new set of possibilities like Ben has mentioned- things-to-do-with-gold-coast-s-boxcars-t2015.html
I have dealt with Mike and Sylvie enough that I think they will do a great job!
areibel

Postby richardedmonds » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 pm

areibel wrote:I don't think it's such a bad thing, especially if L&R will remove the VAT to sell to North America? Shipping may be higher, but shipping isn't cheap anywhere anymore. I'm hoping that L&R will have the time to pursue some of the other GC projects, like his reefer and maybe even more new TT. If they can produce different roof panels or ends for the existing cars, that might open up a whole new set of possibilities like Ben has mentioned- things-to-do-with-gold-coast-s-boxcars-t2015.html
I have dealt with Mike and Sylvie enough that I think they will do a great job!

I agree Al I am not too bothered where they are made, as long as they are made and we can buy them. Important though that we support Lok&Rol in this venture and thank Felix for his past efforts for getting us this far.
richardedmonds

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 pm

railtwister wrote:.....purchase of Gold Coast TT by Lok&Rol...........

Whaaaaaaaaaat?????????? When did this happen???? Christ, I'm terrified at the prices L&R sells GC cars for. 45 EURO a pop!

I certainly hope L&R make it easy for us to purchase the products. Like an online shop that accepts PP and removes VAT. And shipping isn't 20 + Euros.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby jmass » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Their up and online although they are still working on the website. the prices are higher than the cost from gold coast. They also have some 50 foot boxcars including a railbox car for 80 euros.
jmass

Next

Return to General Discussion