Lok&Rol

Re: Lok&Rol

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Just looking at L&R's website - I hope they localize it for English speakers. This can be a very good thing for NA modeling if they do it right. Best of luck to them and HUGE thumbs up to Felix and company for providing everyone with RTR models all these years. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:10 am

ConducTTor wrote:Just looking at L&R's website - I hope they localize it for English speakers. This can be a very good thing for NA modeling if they do it right. Best of luck to them and HUGE thumbs up to Felix and company for providing everyone with RTR models all these years. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Felix and John Verser dropped by the store yesterday (Tuesday the 1st) to drop off a few items and visit a while.
I showed them the current resin models I have and the new SW1200. Felix liked the SW1200 and can't wait for his to arrive.

They talked a bit about the sale. Along with many other companies they lost their factory in China and were having problems finding another one to deal with. The people currently running the factories do not seem to want to deal with the small guys.
Some items were getting in short supply and it was time to order up a new batch. Most of the people they had doing molds for them have died. The reefer molds are stuck in limbo in an estate issue. There were other projects under consideration as well before one guy died.

They have been thinking of selling for a while but wanted someone who would actually continue to produce product, not just store it in their garage. Eventually they settled on Lok-n-Roll because they were already producing their own products and a large part of the market for Gold Coast products was in Europe.

It is sad to see Gold Coast move to Europe but it is good that it has gone to a company that will continue to produce product.

On the bright side, Felix can now start a layout, something logging themed with an SW1200 or two as motive power.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby TTTerrific » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:13 am

Viewed the L&R site today. I need some sets of the ASF trucks formerly sold by Gold Coast. I don't see that they are available from L&R. I would think that this item would be immediately available from the new purveyor. What's up!? :eh:
TTTerrific

Postby Taxari » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:32 am

Hi All,
Mike (Lok-n-Roll) just waits for the mold. Then he will produce all the spare parts, especially the trucks.
If you need some trucks NOW, Siggi has some in stock: http://siggis-modellbahn-shop.eu/index.php?a=789
Have fun, Jörg
Taxari

Postby TTTerrific » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks, Taxari
TTTerrific

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:12 am

Has anyone noticed the resin cast boxcars? Are these from A&D?

http://lok-n-roll.de/shop/category_3/Wagen_Wagons.html
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby MacG » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:10 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Has anyone noticed the resin cast boxcars? Are these from A&D?

These are from Lok-n-Roll. Some kitbashed models. Modified side walls and so on.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Previous

Return to General Discussion