Lok'n'Roll GP9 power kit

Re: Lok'n'Roll GP9 power kit

Postby j p » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:57 pm

MacG wrote:
scaro wrote:thank you. is there any potential for extending the drive shaft and one of the trucks out by 2.5mm, adding an extra foot to the wheelbase between bolsters? ...

For that you must sawing the brass-frame to increase the distance between the truck bolsters.

That sounds wrong.
It should be much easier to talk to Lok'n'Roll instead in order to get the correct wheelbase between the bolsters :)
I have heard that he is quite busy right now. Once he has some time for TT again, it would be much better to get it done correctly from the start than modifying the brass frame.
j p

Postby scaro » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm

thanks JP, does he speak english? i am aware that sometimes the things i ask are difficult to understand.

ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:59 pm

scaro wrote:thanks JP, does he speak english? i am aware that sometimes the things i ask are difficult to understand.

ben

He doesn't but his (wife?) partner does.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby MacG » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:55 am

What would you be change?
wheelbase - between wheels
rotary trunnion distance - between trucks center

The first one is near in scale. Not changeable without a new truck construction - very expensive.
To the second I wrote yesterday.

Lok-N-Roll fit the frame to the Lionel-Chassis. And yes, his wife speak english.

The same is with spare parts from Tillig, there is no truck with the correct wheelbase.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby scaro » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 am

the distance i want to change is between bogie centres, that is centre of front bogie to centre of rear bogie.

as the chassis is designed for the lionel, can someone tell me what the distance between bogie centres is?

i'm thinking of its use on a GP30 or 35 which is only one foot longer than a GP7 -GP9 wheelbase. it may be that it is already correct -one foot is not a lot in TT.
scaro

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models