lok and roll

Re: lok and roll

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:08 pm

MacG wrote:@areibel: no, I had no time for it. Putting the motor at the tender is not the problem, but the fixation of the axles at the locomotive and the connection locomotive to tender.

@Arseny: yes it is possible, there are some rolling Hudson's out there ;) It is my first one.

But, back to topic.

I think that Carsten who posts on this group from time to time has motorised a Hudson by using a BR 36 chassis. I haven't seen any pictures but I am sure that it would look very good.
richardedmonds

Postby sacto-tt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 am

OK, the two motorized chassis arrived today. They came very well packed and were wrapped in foam.

Both ran well right out of the box, though the GP is definitely noisier than the F unit, which is very quiet. No written instructions were provided for either chassis, but there were several sheets of paper with pictures depicting what needed to be done to the Lionel GP to use it with the chassis. No pics of the F unit.

Unlike the ones Alex must have gotten, both chassis came with directional headlights (front only on the F, but it turns off when going in reverse).

I'll post some pics later. Right now I'm grinding away posts inside the F unit to see how the body fits/sits on the chassis. From the look of things, some major cutting of the Lionel base (where the skirting and fuel are) will be needed to allow then to be attached to the chassis.

Now I guess I'll have to build my PVM B unit to see how they look/run together.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby sacto-tt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:13 am

Here are some pics of the chassis and my quick cut at placing the F3 body on the chassis.

IMAG0049.jpg
Side shot of chassis

IMAG0053.jpg
F3 Body with posts removed

IMAG0056.jpg
F3 Body on chassis

IMAG0057.jpg
"Helpful" photos for GP

I couldn't figure out how to include some videos that I shot.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby sacto-tt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:30 am

Pardon my haggis-like videos, but here are some lok-n-roll action shots... :pray:

GP on test track

F3 on test track

F3 with body

-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby jmass » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:22 am

thanks for those posts Joe. thats what i needed to see. the fact that they do come with lights makes the purchase worthwile. how did you purchase them and what did it set you back? i noticed they have a sight on ebay now. joe
jmass

Postby sacto-tt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:08 pm

I got them on ebay.de. They were kind of pricey - 99 euros each plus 17 euros for postage. I considered getting a finished one to see how they made all the modifications, but my money printing press isn't up and running. :lol:
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby jmass » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:04 pm

well i am trying to contact the folks at lok an roll but i am guessing they dont answer emails in their contact box. want to purchase a chasis for the geep but dont see any on their ebay site.ive sent three emails so far with no reply.
jmass

Postby jmass » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:19 pm

well i just took the plunge and spent close to three hundred for the lok and roll prr f3. so ive decided its time to go full steam ahead with na prototype. that being said, ive just posted four tillig freight cars up on ebay. i cant afford to do na and european too. freight cars are pretty much brand new.
jmass

Previous

Return to General Discussion