lok and roll f3

Re: lok and roll f3

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Choo Chooooooo!
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby jmass » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:56 pm

DSCN0800002.JPG
heres a veiw of the bottom of the f3. anyone interested in picking up a completed version from lok n roll, my humble opinion is that there not worth the asking price. i am baseing this opinion on the feeling that something is gonna break any minute. whileit genaraly runs smooth and seems to be a good puller, it at times gets very noisy and then quites down. it also seems to slow down quite alot in curves although that could be changed by changing the radius of the curves. also the fuel tank has fallen off a couple of times whilerunning. i still plan on picking up a chasis for the geep and i will see how that runs. all in all, i do like it, but think it should be sold cheaper.
jmass

Postby Arseny » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:35 pm

If you find any suitable chassis/power unit for Lionel GP7 and/or F3, please tell us.
I have some Lionel's locomotives and want to motorize them!
Arseny

Postby jmass » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Arseny, i think right now that lok n roll is the only game in town for chasis. i know that other people on this board have them and dont seem to be having the problems i have. might just be this loco.
jmass

Postby jmass » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:42 pm

north american choo choo. dont mind the crying.
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:55 pm

:clap: :dance:

:wave:
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby sacto-tt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks for the picture of the bottom. I see how they did it now. Guess I'll have to get out the Dremel and start grinding. Maybe one day I can run a NA train around my massive TT scale layout. :lol:
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby jmass » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:12 am

well, due to issues with the performance of the f3 chasis, i contacted lok n roll about returning the item. before they could get back to me i decided to keep it and have a local guy take a look at it. so i sent them a notice to disregard last message. well they contacted me and asked what the problems were which i told them and they apologized and asked me to keepintouch after i have it looked at. yesterday i get an email from them telling me that their sending me a new chasis and again apologizing for the performance of the original. which i dont blame them for. i think thats a hell of alot of class on their part.
jmass

Postby railtwister » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:59 am

Hi jmass,

Agreed that they have really stepped up to the plate. Just the shipping costs from Germany to NA is a major expense for them. Please let us know how the performance of the new one compares to the original one.

Bill in FL
railtwister

Postby jmass » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Bill,i have issues with the cost of the of the completed version but i have to say that both Mike and Sylvie will work with you if you have a problem. when i purchased the f3 i also let them know that i was interested in a chasis for my geep. they sent me a message saying that if iwanted the geep chasis that they would include it inmy order for 70 euros. didnt have the money at the time but it shows you that they are willing to work with you. joe
jmass

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion