Lionel conversions

Re: Lionel conversions

Postby ConducTTor » Sat May 15, 2010 9:17 am

Hey Richard, can you post photos of your progress as you go along (maybe in this topic lionel-gp9-improvement-t735.html)? I have a GP 9 on the way (thanks Al :thumbup: ) and would love to reference your work.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby richardedmonds » Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Alex I'm sure thats right isn't it? yes I will to be honest I thinking of doing that anyway purely because constructive critism will eventually be of benefit to us all :angel:
Richard
richardedmonds

Postby ConducTTor » Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 am

richardedmonds wrote:Hi Alex I'm sure thats right isn't it?

It is :thumbup:

richardedmonds wrote: yes I will to be honest I thinking of doing that anyway purely because constructive critism will eventually be of benefit to us all :angel:
Richard

I love seeing others' work. It both teaches and inspires. And as you say, the feedback on one's own work is very valuable.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Well, on the way back from having another nerve block surgery, (Yay, it feels like I was on the Haggis end of an ass-kicking contest.... :wtf: ) we stopped by at Charles Ro in Malden, MA to pick up a locomotive that Nicholle wanted that was on clearance, when we found a trio of Lionel TT scale engines for $15 each, none of which we had (we do now....).

We now have the Lionel Southern Pacific GP-9 in "Black Widow" colors, the PRR GP-9, and the PRR F-3.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Nice find!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Perhaps there should be a listing under the Misc. North American Proto models regarding the TT Lionel models. Sure, they need some work, but (most) look nice and are a good starting point for operating TT scale North American Proto locomotives.

I figured I should ask before I start posting there...

Between Nicholle and I, we have almost all of the TT scale Lionel engines.
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:02 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:Perhaps there should be a listing under the Misc. North American Proto models regarding the TT Lionel models.

Well, go ahead and stick em in there!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:36 pm

ConducTTor wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:Perhaps there should be a listing under the Misc. North American Proto models regarding the TT Lionel models.

Well, go ahead and stick em in there!

Okie-Dokie.... I just need to round up the photos that we have...
AstroGoat760

Postby RodTT » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:35 am

Well, you all know what they look like but here's mine anyway:
P1050171.JPG

I bought it with the intention of motorizing it so I'll post progress as I go along (but as the man said, I may be some time). I don't have the PVM conversion kit and in the absence of the Lok-n-Roll complete chassis I may try and do something similar to TiTan's U30B project.
But...first things first - how do I dismantle the loco? The handrail ends come off the cab sides easily enough, and it looks as if the trucks should pull out from their swivel pins with a bit of force. But I don't want to break anything - can someone tell me how to get the body shell and trucks off?
P1050175.JPG
RodTT

Postby areibel » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 am

You can see the small circle on the bottom of the truck, that's a plug that holds the truck on. Just stick a small flat screwdriver between the truck and the chassis plate and pry, the truck will pop off. the base will then slide off (mind the handrails, they're easy to break!). The shell will have two pins (the ones that hold the trucks on) that run all the way to the roof and mount, you can use pliers to either unscrew them or break them off. the only thing left in the shell will be the windows and number boards. If you need to remove them you can use a small screwdriver to pry them out.
If you have any problems or questions just shout, they are fairly easy to get apart.
Al
areibel

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models