TT Scale LINKS - all the TT links you need!

Re: TT Scale LINKS - all the TT links you need!

Postby Christtking » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:38 pm

To all: I found another shop (I think is in Czech Republic) http://www.ben-zerba.cz. English and Czech languages, all major CC accepted.
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 pm

I don't see that they ship worldwide.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:29 am

I ordered (and paid) something from that shop once. It took them more than 6 months to send it and even then they asked me to chose some other item instead of one of the cars they offered in the web shop but did not have on stock.
Anyway, if you decide to order from them, make sure that they are able to make it without VAT when shipping outside of EU.

Their www page says that they ship worldwide.
http://www.ben-zerba.cz/e-shop/en/why-buy-from-us.html
j p

Postby Christtking » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:42 pm

@conductor: My apologies! I did not know the shop does not ship worldwide. I just run across the web site and I thought it might be helpful to add to the list.
@jp: thank you for sharing! Sounds like the story similar to what happened to me when I ordered from Reynauld's here in the States, after I pre-paid for the order, I haven' heard from him for 6 months and I decided to give him a call, he still did not have the items I've ordered and asked me to order something else to change my order with some other items that he would have in hand, I told him that I have those items, I do not want other items, I want those what I've ordered. So finally gets my package from Tillig (2 months later) and he sent it to me and you won't believe what happened, the train that was transporting my package (and others stuff coming to Colorado) derailed and only the container that my package was in got totally destroyed. I called him back and asked him for full refund immediately!
Last edited by Christtking on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:55 pm

jp you're right, it does say worldwide. But there is no price for US. And anyway, if you've had bad experience, I won't add them.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:29 pm

I found this website that I thought it would belong under "VIDEOS" topic. I do not know how to copy (send) this video from FACEBOOK (that is in reality on YOUTUBE). The web site address is: http://www.modellbahn-links.de. I think it is a chain of clubs in Germany and some other countries. The web site is featuring a large variety of photos and videos of all kinds of scales. After the page opens click on Modellbahn, the scroll down the selection Moddeleisenbahn videos, then Modellbahnanlagen, then click on TT, it is the last video (bottom right) from Modellbahn Guben IMA Koeln 2014. Don't drool! :grin:
Last edited by Christtking on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Christtking wrote:...from Modellbahn Guben IMA Koeln 2014. Don't drool! :grin:

So, you've finally found my club... :grin:
Modellbahn-Club Guben e. V.

But that's our old layout. Its successor is almost finished... :whistle:
Unfortunately, the club concentrates on big and eye-catching and neglects details. That's what I don't like about the club and about this layout. :(
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:53 pm

@LVG1:You are a member or the owner of that club? Lucky man! I wish I had a layout like that, I have more than enough trains to fill it out with. I am pretty sure that with time you guys will fill it out with a lot of details. It takes time, nothing was built over night. To be honest I was drooling! How much money (guesstimate) a layout (without the trains, cars, etc) that size would cost (Euro/US$)? 30-40 K?
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Christtking wrote:You are a member or the owner of that club?

Member—not owner!

Christtking wrote:I am pretty sure that with time you guys will fill it out with a lot of details. It takes time, nothing was built over night.

We started to build this layout eventually back in the 1990's. Now it can be considered to be finished.

There's a mentality among the most influential members to install lots of eye-catchers.
...a drive-in cinema (illegally showing movies publicly :shh: ), lovers in action (nothing for American understanding of moral), an UFO and things like those.

But they completely neglect the true model-railroaders' skills:
  • The track plan is designed for smooth operation only, but not for plausibility.
  • There are lots of tight curves without transition bends and the like. It looks terrible when trains enter curves at their usual (high) speed.
  • Landscape is considered to be secondary. A valley without outward flow next to never happens in nature. And areas showing natural vegetal cover are clearly too uniform to make the designation "natural" plausible.
  • Anything aside from rails and eye-catchers simply lacks in phantasy...
No I've seen clearly better creations...
But the eye-catchers make the layout popular, although...

Christtking wrote:How much money (guesstimate) a layout (without the trains, cars, etc) that size would cost (Euro/US$)? 30-40 K?

I don't know. I'ld have to ask our "minister of finance"; for the recent 2 decades, we've documented our expenses relatively detailed.
But I think, your guess is relatively realistic...
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:58 pm

@LVG1: The price is not bad for a layout that size! I wish I had it the way it is. :thumbup: You won't believe what I've seen on some layouts. Different landscape on modules, different seasons all mixed up in one complete layout, Santa on the chimney in the summer landscape layout, Martians and ships, dinosaurs (on modern day layouts), Spider-Man (on a narrow gauge layout, representing 1930's), I don't want to continue....It is too much, I've seen all! :evil: :lol:
Christtking

PreviousNext

Return to Links