Leipzig Modell Hobby Spiel - 2019

Leipzig Modell Hobby Spiel - 2019

Postby Richard-B » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:03 am

I'm attending the Modell fair at Leipzig Messe; Came in from Budapest early Friday morning.

From all reports... Thursday was a blockbuster day, as it was a holiday; 30th anniversary of German reunification. Everyone and their cousin decided to go to the Messe.

One vendor reported selling over 300 newly released German TT cars in that one rush!

Met as scheduled with Rob Dikken who drove in from the Netherlands... and then walked Hall 3 where all the model RR displays are. Had a coffee with Wilfred Knipping at the AKTT layout, and learned that group is probably winding down.

We also had an aisle meet-up with Mirko and Taxari... and then Rob had to head back home.

I will remain through Sunday, then head back to Budapest. My goal today is to catalog EVERY vendor offering TT-scale.

Where is the nearest ATM? ...I think I need to rob the bank again!
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Re: Leipzig Modell Hobby Spiel - 2019

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:04 am

AKTT winding down? That sucks. I love seeing their displays.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby MacG » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:54 am

ConducTTor wrote:AKTT winding down? That sucks. I love seeing their displays.

There's a follow-up club (MTTB.info). It continues to take care of trade fairs in Leuna and the exhibitions at the Modell-Hobby-Spiel and others. The members of the AKTT can convert the club membership with the free magazine "TT-Kurier" into a normal subscription for it.

There are no changes for us as non-members. We can still visit the modules at exhibitions. Like we have seen in Leipzig.

@Richard-B: it wasn't the 30th anniversary of the formal German reunification. It was the 29th German Unity Day. This year is the 30th anniversary of came down of the Berliner Wall (or in general of the Wall to West Germany).

MTB has told me, that they are planning to make a UP switcher (SW9).
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby Richard-B » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:12 am

MacG wrote: There's a follow-up club (MTTB.info).
Yes... Wilfried K. filled me in on this Sunday... and I heard the more complete story.

I'm going to try and arrange 2020 so l can visit at least one of the smaller events in addition to Leipzig.

Mike Boehm from Lok-n-Roll sat down to chat... and although right now his motorcycle business and some house re-work are taking much of his bandwidth... he showed photos of some TT car projects that are slowly progressing.
I think Mike is as 'all-in' on the C&O as I am on the Southern Pacific!

Talked to MTB and picked-up a large care package of MP switch motors... but ran out of time to ask about the GP9 and/or 9ft power trucks.

I made one BIG mistake at the event... I walked the aisles of all 4 exhibit halls!!! The result was some very tired feet... and a significantly heavier backpack due to some tools and TT stuff that accidently 'fell' into it!

Got the evening FlixBus overnight to Budapest, and I'm in the air tomorrow back to SFO.
it wasn't the 30th anniversary of the formal German reunification. It was the 29th German Unity Day.
My Bad!
I concatenated the Wall date and the Unity Day.
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby MacG » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:56 am

I asked MTB about the 9ft power trucks. But I didn't get a clear answer. I hope they have been added to the list for future production.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 am

MacG wrote:MTB has told me, that they are planning to make a UP switcher (SW9).

Sweet.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Return to Events