Layout for sale or trade

Layout for sale or trade

Postby voyttek » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:34 pm

My dream came true, and finally I managed to convert a single car garage to my own hobby room.
With that I have new ideas and plans to build a permanent layout that will fit the space.

Over the last couple of years I have been busy building a layout that could be moved and/or joined with more segments.
It contains couple of small stations, some bridges, tunnel and trestles and gives an option to connect it to the staging yard.
All of this by a body of water... I imagined this to be a fiord. This is why I also placed a light house there, a coal transfer station, and a fishing harbor.

Turnouts for now are manual, but could be changed to be controlled mechanically or electrically.
The size of the layout is 84 "x 42".
The price is $ 850.00 or Best Offer or I could trade for TT Flex truck and turnouts to build my new layout.

I live in British Columbia, Canada in 100 Mile area ( about 4.5 hour drive from Vancouver)
If you come to visit you are welcome to stay overnight with us, so we can figure everything out.
Everything included, other then rolling stock.
E-mail or call Voytek at 250-395-7777 for more info and pictures.
Attachments
IMG_0903.jpg
IMG_0895.jpg
IMG_0896.jpg
P1090399.jpg
IMG_0890.jpg
voyttek

Re: Layout for sale or trade

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:13 am

voyttek wrote:My dream came true, and finally I managed to convert a single car garage to my own hobby room.
With that I have new ideas and plans to build a permanent layout that will fit the space.

Over the last couple of years I have been busy building a layout that could be moved and/or joined with more segments.
It contains couple of small stations, some bridges, tunnel and trestles and gives an option to connect it to the staging yard.
All of this by a body of water... I imagined this to be a fiord. This is why I also placed a light house there, a coal transfer station, and a fishing harbor.

Turnouts for now are manual, but could be changed to be controlled mechanically or electrically.
The size of the layout is 84 "x 42".
The price is $ 850.00 or Best Offer or I could trade for TT Flex truck and turnouts to build my new layout.

I live in British Columbia, Canada in 100 Mile area ( about 4.5 hour drive from Vancouver)
If you come to visit you are welcome to stay overnight with us, so we can figure everything out.
Everything included, other then rolling stock.
E-mail or call Voytek at 250-395-7777 for more info and pictures.

An interesting layout would have to come available just after I ordered a fast tracks jig to build my own #6 turnouts. Sigh!
So what are the turnouts - manufacturer and angle, what radius the curves and where is the missing bit?
How well does it run? DC or DCC?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CSD » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:34 am

What a beautiful layout! Having seen your scratch built buildings in person, I'm not surprised it looks so good.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:19 am

Wow, gorgeous layout! I assume you would prefer posts in this thread to be from prospective buyers but it's so nice, it's hard to not comment.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby voyttek » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Thank you guys for the complements .... soaking up like a sponge !!!

Bill asks:
"An interesting layout would have to come available just after I ordered a fast tracks jig to build my own #6 turnouts. Sigh!
So what are the turnouts - manufacturer and angle, what radius the curves and where is the missing bit?
How well does it run? DC or DCC? "

Curves are Pilz track fixed R 310 and turnouts are Tillig EW 2 - 15 deg.
I wired this layout in blocks so I could run DC or DCC when all switches are in "ON" position.
Missing bit ( I guess you are referring to the 3"x3" piece on the side of the hill) - I left it out to have access to the turnout if I would want to do a mechanical connection.

My wife is already coming with all sorts of ideas... as to what the new room could be used for.... so I better hurry, before my "Board of Directors" moves in some sawing machine in there... I do not want to ... "miss this train..."
Voyttek
Attachments
P1120773.jpg
Switch board for DC
IMG_0848.jpg
Moving in as fast as I can... like a Bullet Train...
voyttek

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:16 pm

A lot of real estate - hurry up and fill it with the appropriate decor ;)
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby milwrd1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:19 pm

I would also like to compliment the wonderful layout....very nicely done.

Remember...the Board of Directors and the sewing machine can be replaced. The wife is another story. Hopefully, you can put your claim to the territory before the sewing machine and other essentials move in!!
milwrd1

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:16 pm

voyttek wrote:Thank you guys for the complements .... soaking up like a sponge !!!

Bill asks:
"An interesting layout would have to come available just after I ordered a fast tracks jig to build my own #6 turnouts. Sigh!
How well does it run? DC or DCC? "

Curves are Pilz track fixed R 310 and turnouts are Tillig EW 2 - 15 deg.Voyttek

So sharp curves equivalent to the inside curves on my small TT-Tracks modules and the same size turnouts.
OK for slow speed operation of North American equipment.

voyttek wrote:I wired this layout in blocks so I could run DC or DCC when all switches are in "ON" position.
Missing bit ( I guess you are referring to the 3"x3" piece on the side of the hill) - I left it out to have access to the turnout if I would want to do a mechanical connection.
Voyttek

I was actually wondering where the two tracks in the upper left were supposed to go.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby voyttek » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi Bill,

I envisioned this layout to be build in segments, so it could travel easily, if we were to move.
Now, that I have a permanent location, this design does not fit the space. I had lots of fun building it, and I hope somebody will have lots of fun playing on it....

My plan was that upper left corner tracks would go to the returning loop and staging yard, something like this.
Obviously there is all sorts of other options, so this is just to give it a chance to connect to the next segment.
Voyttek
Attachments
P1120779.jpg
voyttek

Postby Bill Dixon » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 am

I must admit that despite the tight curves I am interested in the layout. Lots of water front activity and a good scenic run. It would not be too difficult to interface with my TT-Tracks display as an extended loop off of the wye.

There are a few problems.
Picking it up will be an issue. This is the wrong time of year to head into the interior, and I don't think our Van has another long distance trip in it. The way it is acting up, making big $ repair signs, replacement early next year is a must.

Payment is another issue. I had hoped to have a few $$ come my way soon but that looks like it is delayed or lost. And the next few $$ I get are earmarked for Saz Models for another pair of SW1200s.

Neither issue is insurmountable but will require some thought.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Next

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade