Layout design

Layout design

Postby member13 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Just curious if you guys freelance your layouts or strive for a true model of a railroad / train yard / station?
member13

Re: Layout design

Postby jpachl » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:03 pm

member13 wrote:Just curious if you guys freelance your layouts or strive for a true model of a railroad / train yard / station?

While all my earlier layouts followed a specific prototype, my US layout is the first freelanced. It simply plays in an industrial area in the Chicago region. The reason for freelancing is the very limited availability of US TT products. With the few available models, it would be quite difficult to model a specific prototype.

Joern
jpachl

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 am

At this time, I am still building up my US TT scale fleet, but it will be like my other ventures with other scales, and it will be free lanced, I pick my favourite elements and throw them together, and see how it goes.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:55 am

My current layout plan was pretty much dictated by the rail I had available (and as always by the available space). For my next layout I want to use rail plans from prototype yards for my station(s). I've been looking at satellite photos of Inman yard here in Atlanta and hopefully will make it out there sometime this month to take pictures.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Layouts / Track Plans