Kuehn flextrack on sale

Kuehn flextrack on sale

Postby gerhard_k » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Hello, friends -
Just came across this offer at http://www.modelleisenbahn-cms.de -
Kuehn flextrack at €3 each, 10 @ €27,50, 20 @ €49,90. I plan to order 2x20, so the €30 shipping charge to USA is not too hard a hit. Seems like a great deal if you need enough to offset the shipping.
But when I used their on-line ordering, the total did not remove the VAT even though it charged the €30 shipping correctly, seems like it should have an automatic reduction in the VAT. Anyway, I emailed them to ask, but it's already past their Saturday business hours in Germany, and I don't know how long the offer is open. The website said 19 units available, offer lasts until stock exhausted.
I will update this board when I get a reply.
And - they take Paypal with a €3,50 extra charge.
Sometimes you win... sometimes you learn.
gerhard_k

Re: Kuehn flextrack on sale

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:00 am

Wow, 20 @ €49.90 is a VERY good price.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Juup » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Did you manage to ordrr this? I have ordered from cms before. They've always been reliable with my standard type orders. However, I've never had to actually communicate with them and I have no experience with getting VAT deducted from price because I'm inside the EU.

Using Tapatalk 2
Juup

Postby gerhard_k » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Juup - thank you for the positive feedback about CMS. I have checked other German sites and only CMS seems to have this special deal on Kuehn track. I inquired on CMS' site and got this reply:

Das Angebot mit den Kühn Gleisen gilt solange der Vorrat reicht. Ich denke das der Lagerbestan noch 1-2 Monate reichen wird. Aber das kann man nie genau sagen.
Durch ein neues Steuergesetz der EU, benötigen wir als Nachweis die Ausfuhrbestätigung vom Zoll. Der Paketschein allein recht nicht mehr aus, wie noch vor ein paar Jahren.
Deshalb werden bei uns erstmal alle Produkte mit MwSt berechnet, sobald wir von Ihnen den Zoll Nachweis bekommen, (dieser klebt mit am Paket) zahlen wir Ihnen die MwSt zurück.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Sebastian Müller

I'm still trying to decide how much track to get, but plan to order within the week. Even with the VAT, it's a great deal. Any other US TTers want to get in on one shipping cost? I'll sub-send inside the US.
gerhard_k

Postby gerhard_k » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:05 am

Well - after pondering a likely track plan or at least layout size, I ordered 3 20-packs of track at €49,90, + €30 for shipping + €3.50 for Paypal fee, for a total of €183.20. At Paypal's outrageous 1.44 exchange rate, that came to $261 for 60 pieces, or $4.35 each even if I never get the VAT back. Seems like a good deal to me.
Btw, as of right now, they still have 6 of these 20-packs in stock. So I don't want to hear any more complaints about high-priced flextrack! :dance:
gerhard_k

Postby sacto-tt » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:29 pm

This sounds like a great opportunity, but I do have a question regarding using code 70 track. If the Kuehn turnouts are not good, what other turnout options exist for code 70? The Tillig ones are code 83 I believe.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby MacG » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Sorry, a little bit late. The german explanation from CMS is for commercial customers inside EU. For shipping to outside EU he can sale without VAT. Explain him, that the USA isn't inside the EU. :naughty:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby jakeman103 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:36 am

gerhard_k wrote:Hello, friends -
Just came across this offer at http://www.modelleisenbahn-cms.de -
Kuehn flextrack at €3 each, 10 @ €27,50, 20 @ €49,90. I plan to order 2x20, so the €30 shipping charge to USA is not too hard a hit. Seems like a great deal if you need enough to offset the shipping.
But when I used their on-line ordering, the total did not remove the VAT even though it charged the €30 shipping correctly, seems like it should have an automatic reduction in the VAT. Anyway, I emailed them to ask, but it's already past their Saturday business hours in Germany, and I don't know how long the offer is open. The website said 19 units available, offer lasts until stock exhausted.
I will update this board when I get a reply.
And - they take Paypal with a €3,50 extra charge.

Great track the Kuehn track! I layed my complete layout with this 1,8millimeter high nice track. The curved turnhouts i made them handmade by a professional because they are still not on the market.

Best regards, Jake

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
jakeman103

Postby MacG » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:13 am

jakeman103 wrote:The curved turnhouts i made them handmade by a professional because they are still not on the market.

Now they are :wink:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Return to General Discussion