Kuehn BR185 ITL model 32205

Kuehn BR185 ITL model 32205

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Limited edition of 500 pieces. Comes in clear plastic box.

Bo Bo arrangement with 2 traction tires and electrical pickup from all wheels.

Directional lights - 3 forward, 2 reverse.

The manual is only in German and leaves a lot to be desired.

Pantograph and / or DCC operation requires cutting traces on the circuit board along with some soldering in the case of chip addition.

Couplers are BTTB style however the coupler mountings will accommodate the latest Tillig versions.

Included in the box are two extra traction tires, two extra motor brushes, two extra springs for the coupler assemblies and several detail parts.

Detail is very good. Operation is very smooth and relatively quiet. 286mm radius friendly.

Bogie dimensions: 22mm between axles, 86mm from bogie pivot (center of bogie - no offset) to bogie pivot. 156mm from buffer to buffer.

KUEHN_BR_185_box.jpg

KUEHN_BR_185_side.jpg

KUEHN_BR_185_front.jpg

KUEHN_BR_185_roof.jpg

KUEHN_BR_185_pantograph.jpg

KUEHN_BR_185_detail1.jpg

KUEHN_BR_185_detail2.jpg
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Kuehn BR185 ITL model 32205

Postby Christtking » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Found only in specilised shops, decision made by mister Kuehn. All of his models are limited runs, that's why they are hard to find. He releases his models as a second run, for example same loco or car but with different running number.
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Christtking wrote:Found only in specilised shops, decision made by mister Kuehn. All of his models are limited runs, that's why they are hard to find. He releases his models as a second run, for example same loco or car but with different running number.

Not all. And I can see the business strategy behind it - higher demand.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Kuehn's models are easy to find. You just need to order them and then wait for a long time.
He has some problems with his Chinese suppliers.
His goal is not to fill warehouses with tons of models and then hope to sell them during the next 10 years.
I am happy with Kuehn's models (although I cannot say the same about the geometry of his track system :drool: )
j p

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 pm

j p wrote:I am happy with Kuehn's models (although I cannot say the same about the geometry of his track system :drool: )

Same here. I decided not to wait for more realistic turnouts from him since it may take forever. New layout gets Tillig track.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby LVG1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Christtking wrote:...for example same loco or car but with different running number.

On this model the different number won't fit. ITL has only 2 locomotives of this type. But they are from different series with different front ends.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Response to jp: Kuehn's models might be easy to find probably in Germany in some other EU countries, but I can assure you that they are not easy to obtain here in the States, even if I purchase them from Europe (mostly Deutschland). And about the chinese suppliers, I don't think that "Kuehn" company has the same mentality as "PIKO's". There are facts and facts about Kuehn's products are manufactured only in Germany. I have to agree with you about what you wrote about that Kuehn does not want to have his models sitting on the shelves in every shop collecting dust for the next 10 years, just like the mistake Tillig made. It takes him longer to manufacture his products because he does not want to expand (he does not hire a lot of workers, he is taking his time, smart man!)
Response to LVG: I did some reserch and all I have to say that "you're right"!
Christtking

Postby j p » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 am

Christtking wrote:Response to jp: Kuehn's models might be easy to find probably in Germany in some other EU countries, but I can assure you that they are not easy to obtain here in the States, even if I purchase them from Europe (mostly Deutschland). And about the chinese suppliers, I don't think that "Kuehn" company has the same mentality as "PIKO's". There are facts and facts about Kuehn's products are manufactured only in Germany. I have to agree with you about what you wrote about that Kuehn does not want to have his models sitting on the shelves in every shop collecting dust for the next 10 years, just like the mistake Tillig made. It takes him longer to manufacture his products because he does not want to expand (he does not hire a lot of workers, he is taking his time, smart man!)
Response to LVG: I did some reserch and all I have to say that "you're right"!

The motors are made made in China.
Some components for Kuehn's Goggles were also made in China. He had to change the supplier and then it went wrong. Then the first series were delivered with wrong gearboxes. But Kuehn solved the problem and supplied new gearboxes to the customers free of charge. (much better service than Roco)

If you try to buy Kuehn's products in Europe or US, it might be difficult. You should pre-order as soon as the model is announced. I got all the Kuehn's models I wanted incl. limited editions and custom made limited runs.
Now I wait for his 372 001 CSD in blue and some CSD double deckers.
j p

Postby CSD » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Hey, j p where did you order your 372 from?
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby j p » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm

I ordered directly from David Strupp, it is his limited run. The picture shows Kuehn's preproduction test sample.
I thought you were buying CSD items from him too. If not, you missed many of his limited items.
Here is the link to his www page: http://www.modelyasport.cz
Anyway, this is completely out of topic. I'll delete this post soon before our web master gets upset.
We could make a section for David's limited runs, but this board is focused rather on NA TT, not Czech/or Czechoslovak.
And I have so many kits which are missing in our list...
j p

Next

Return to Kuehn TT Scale Models