Jeeps

Post your photos and video links here

Jeeps

Postby Arseny » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:09 pm

I've got new "15 mm" wargame Jeeps, made by FlamesOfWar (http://www.flamesofwar.com)
Although they are approx. 1:100 scale, I think they can work for TT:

Eugene Tackleberry came to enter the Police Academy?

jeep2.jpg

Near the Blue Oyster Bar ? :lol:

jeep1.jpg

Side-by-side with TT-scale autos, house and man:

jeep3.jpg
jeep4.jpg
jeep5.jpg
Arseny

Re: Jeeps

Postby railtwister » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Arseny,

Since the WWII Jeeps were considerably smaller than today's Jeeps, you can probably get away with it, especially if they are painted in non-military colors, and most folks wouldn't notice. It still looks a bit large to me, but I think that's because I used to own a 1988 Jeep, which is bigger than the MB WWII Jeeps. However the newer Jeeps since the time of Chrysler/Daimler are even bigger than the '88 (they are trying to be Hummers). If the company (Fiat/Chrysler) would get smart, they would downsize the Jeep to a size no bigger than the WWII version, maybe even just a bit smaller, and bring back the 4 cylinder engine which was discontinued a few years ago. I'd buy one.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby Arseny » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:00 am

It seems to me modern Jeep Patriot is compact enough... But I am not sure it have a great off-road capabilities.

As concerns WWII Willys MB Jeeps: which civilian colors were in use in USA in 1950s for WWII Jeeps?
I still have some unpainted kits...

But unfortunately this kit do not have separate steering wheel; it is made as one solid piece of metal with the driver; and driver is a soldier.
So it must be military car (maybe car of the National Guard?). Or maybe it is a civilian car, but the owner like military-style... :wink:
Arseny

Postby LVG1 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 am

Arseny wrote:So it must be military car (maybe car of the National Guard?). Or maybe it is a civilian car, but the owner like military-style... :wink:

Rule number 1 in model railroading:
You can do whatever you want.
You only have to be able to explain it. :wink:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Return to Photos / Videos