It's coming

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

Re: It's coming

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Marquette wrote:Might I suggest that a better idea would be to save the file as a .pdf - that way, everyone can open it regardless of platform - Windows, Linux, Mac, whatever. Sure, most word processors can open files imported from other software, but in .pdf there's nothing left to chance, no chance for the wp in question to mix something up!

How does one convert items to .pdf?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby BTTB Fan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:20 pm

You would need either MS Office 2007, Openoffice.org (good free alternative to MS Office), or a dedicated PDF Converter/Printer package. If you can attach the WPS file to the post, one of us can convert it to PDF and re-post.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby Zs12 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:33 am

I can recommend FreePDF. It's free software and work well with all windows programs by using their implemented printer dialog via ghostscript. The software is written by a german guy, however it's also available in 15 other languages.
Zs12

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:44 pm

The main point of this "project" and its accompanying prize is to help spread the word about TT and give resources to anyone who may be interested in the scale. Due to the absolutely insane amount of information Marquette has gathered and is posting (in the 'By Country' forum) on TTable prototypes, I'm making him eligible for this prize.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 am

ConducTTor wrote: Due to the absolutely insane amount of information Marquette has gathered and is posting (in the 'By Country' forum) on TTable prototypes

And here I thought we were getting spammed by the UN :>)
ctxmf74

Postby Marquette » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:23 am

Collecting this information has been indescribably fascinating... even if it *has* kept me from actual modelling! Over the past two weeks I've done about 15 minutes' work on my BL2, and about ten minutes' worth of prep work on an HO scale covered hopper of the North Korean railways...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Thu May 13, 2010 10:23 pm

We got less than a month now and I don't expect anymore will be done here (no comment.............). 'Sailor and 'Cat, please upload your booklets in some editable electronic format - I'll edit and come up with a final version. Meanwhile, 'Sailor, 'Cat and "Mr. HABS" please post your "lottery number". 1-100, closest wins.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 pm

ConducTTor wrote:We got less than a month now and I don't expect anymore will be done here (no comment.............). 'Sailor and 'Cat, please upload your booklets in some editable electronic format - I'll edit and come up with a final version. Meanwhile, 'Sailor, 'Cat and "Mr. HABS" please post your "lottery number". 1-100, closest wins.

What is the deadline for this?
We have some additional photos that might work, including Natasha the Railroad Cat cuddling up with a BTTB BR35 that we are trying to round up.
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Thu May 13, 2010 11:18 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:What is the deadline for this?

On June 10th the latest I'd like one of you to know that you have some goodies coming. So let's say June 9th - just a date to shoot for - I know you guys are moving and have things to take care of.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Regarding the selection of a number, should we just post it in this thread, or do you want us to do something else?

We already know where we are moving to, and I already have plans for what I want to do when we move: I am going to go to college to become a school teacher, which is something I can do and enjoy even if my medical status never improves, although I am willing to bet that when I get to North Dakota, the docs there will rapidly correct my medical issues.
(For example: the population of North Dakota is roughly 650,000; the population of connecticut is around 3,500,000. From the research we have done, there are more urologists in North Dakota than in connecticut, so there is a lot more urologists per capita in ND vs. ct, so this lends me a lot of confidence that I will soon be able to live pain free...)

The important thing is that we must remain determined, if we do not take the lead with the model-making and layout construction, then nobody else will do anything either.

Rome was not built in a day, and if anything, I will see you at the 2013 NMRA national in Atlanta!
AstroGoat760

PreviousNext

Return to About The Board