It's coming

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

Re: It's coming

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:08 pm

Could you guys attach the electronic versions of those please? Thanks.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:08 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Could you guys attach the electronic versions of those please? Thanks.

How is that done? Both CaTT's and my pamphlets are done in Microsoft Works Word Processor.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:19 pm

When you're posting (full editor instead of quick reply) click on the attachment tab under the text box.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Part of the winner's purse is now officially in my hands awaiting its new owner :thumbup:

PVM_25_ton_Plymouth_1.jpg

PVM_25_ton_Plymouth_2.jpg
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:Here we go: Here is the pamphlet, both sides of it.

An excellent starting point. Perhaps good to go as is.

I wonder if it would be possible to put a full sized image of a box car or locomotive in the background as a water mark to give a person an idea of what size the models are? Could the bottom of the front page have a full sized image of track as a watermark for the same purpose?

Bill Dixon
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:Here we go: Here is the pamphlet, both sides of it.

An excellent starting point. Perhaps good to go as is.

I wonder if it would be possible to put a full sized image of a box car or locomotive in the background as a water mark to give a person an idea of what size the models are? Could the bottom of the front page have a full sized image of track as a watermark for the same purpose?

Bill Dixon

I considered it, but opted not to do that out of one concern: the files were made so that they could be printed / copied as needed, and as everyone knows, 100% is not always 100%, when copiers are concerned. That is why I listed the length/height of many common items in a model train layout, including gauge. F-units are so common in HO and N scales, that anyone that has any experience in either scale, should get an idea how big TT is.

I considered trying to make a background photo of one of my PVM 25T locos (They are so good, and fun to assemble, I have a pair of them....), but that did not turn out. (Lesson learned: keep it simple, stupid.)
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 pm

ConducTTor wrote:When you're posting (full editor instead of quick reply) click on the attachment tab under the text box.

No can do. When I try to post the files, I get a message that .wps files are not permitted.

If anyone feels that changes should be made (i.e. someone has a good photo that might work, additional facts, etc.), just list it in this thread, and as a group we can decide if the changes should be made.
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:01 am

AngrySailor302 wrote:No can do. When I try to post the files, I get a message that .wps files are not permitted.

wps was not in the list of attachment file types for the board. I've added so it should be good to go - give it another try. BTW, I notice all your images are links to another site. You can always upload them here as an attachment and put them inline to show on the page - if that makes your life easier.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Might I suggest that a better idea would be to save the file as a .pdf - that way, everyone can open it regardless of platform - Windows, Linux, Mac, whatever. Sure, most word processors can open files imported from other software, but in .pdf there's nothing left to chance, no chance for the wp in question to mix something up!
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 pm

^^^^ I second that.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to About The Board