It's coming

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

Re: It's coming

Postby ctxmf74 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:I like, I like! This is good.

Could someone double check the numbers on the chart in the HO, TT, and N comparisons?
If anyone feels that a change needs to be made, just let me know.


The chart numbers look ok to me.
The pamphlet looks great. The only thing I see is the first part about TT scale size has a spelling error, look at it again and you'll probably see it....dave
ctxmf74
 
Posts: 702
Images: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:25 am

Re: It's coming

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Guys, this is very much in line with what I was thinking. Well, I wanted more but I thought more people will participate. Anyway, we can expand it as we see fit.

A couple of notes:

The history of TT and some of the other verbiage - it seems like I've seen it somewhere before. If the text is copied from something, lets make sure we have permission to use it. Or, you or I can rephrase it. Also, even thought most people we encounter care only about US proto, let's throw something in about the abundance of European models.

BTW, since a very small number is working on this, don't worry about getting everything in there - you pretty much have the important stuff covered. Once we call this "done" I'll take it and make additions and editions that I want.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
User avatar
ConducTTor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8665
Images: 13
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:52 pm
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: It's coming

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:50 pm

ctxmf74 wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:I like, I like! This is good.

Could someone double check the numbers on the chart in the HO, TT, and N comparisons?
If anyone feels that a change needs to be made, just let me know.


The chart numbers look ok to me.
The pamphlet looks great. The only thing I see is the first part about TT scale size has a spelling error, look at it again and you'll probably see it....dave


Nicholle and I have checked the spelling, I have run spell check as well, and I do not see what the error is. Something a little less vague would be helpful.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3949
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, USA

Re: It's coming

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:03 pm

I will say this much about the pamphlet that I made: I was up for about 55 hours straight before I started work on putting my handwritten notes onto the computer.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3949
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, USA

Re: It's coming

Postby ctxmf74 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:16 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:Nicholle and I have checked the spelling, I have run spell check as well, and I do not see what the error is. Something a little less vague would be helpful.


"in other words, for one inch of a model is the equivalent of 120 incles in the full sized item"
should read ... in other words, one inch of a model is the equivalent of 120 inches in the full sized item"

Very minor error considering the amount of work done on it. ...dave
ctxmf74
 
Posts: 702
Images: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:25 am

Re: It's coming

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Here are some black-and-white copies to show that making duplicates of the pamphlet is feasible using a copier:
(Making B&W copies was something that I kept in mind as I selected photos for the pamphlet.)
Image
Image
By the way, the black and white copies look better in person, the scanner lightens the copies up somewhat.

Both variants of the pamphlet (color and B&W) with the updated masters.
Image

Phoebe and Prissy with the Pamphlets.
Image

When Nicholle finishes up her Pamphlet, it will be posted here as well.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3949
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, USA

Re: It's coming

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 am

Here is my completed pamphlet. This one is geared more towards the "significant other" (i.e. Girlfriend, Fiance , wife, whatever, that way it is not specific to any one group of significant other, or even to men or women.) I am quite positive that there are women that are into model trains while their boyfriend/ husband/whatever was not, although that situation is likely really rare.

Here is the pamphlet:
Outer Page:
Image
Inner Page:
Image

Here is the completed pamphlet along with the two versions of the pamphlet that AngrySailor made (Color and Black & White).
Image
Image

These look similar, don't they? (James let me use the directory from his pamphlet to save me some time and to make them a little more uniform.
Image

It is possible to make inserts for this pamphlet if so desired, although a redesign would likely be needed. The intention of my pamphlet was not to be a technical look, but just a rather basic overview of TT Scale and where to get TT Scale items and how to get in to contact with TT Scale Groups.

Constructive feedback is welcome, if there is an issue with my pamphlet, please be specific as to the issue.

-CaTT (+1)
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
User avatar
CaTTwoman281
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:12 am
Location: Bowdon, Georgia, USA

Re: It's coming

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:52 am

Here are the black and white copies of my Pamphlet. We have been talking about perhaps making the B&W copies on different colored paper, lending some variety to the B&W pages without using up colored ink.
Image
Image
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
User avatar
CaTTwoman281
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:12 am
Location: Bowdon, Georgia, USA

Re: It's coming

Postby Marquette » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:05 am

I really like both of those!

CaTTwoman, I'd have one suggestion, though? I gather this is directed towards those who don't know model railways from Adam (or Eve)... with this in mind, I'd say instead of using the abbreviation "RTR" - it might be better to write it out in full, for clarity's sake.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
User avatar
Marquette
 
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: It's coming

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:03 am

Marquette wrote:I really like both of those!

CaTTwoman, I'd have one suggestion, though? I gather this is directed towards those who don't know model railways from Adam (or Eve)... with this in mind, I'd say instead of using the abbreviation "RTR" - it might be better to write it out in full, for clarity's sake.


I can field the answer for that one: Nicholle initially did type out "Ready to Run (RTR)" but that ended up taking up more space than she wanted to give up for the picture of Phoebe and Prissy with her Lionel 1:120 F-3.

I am sure that with a little re-arraigning, that can be fixed. Her pamphlet is still only Revision 1.0.!

ConducTTor wrote:A couple of notes:

The history of TT and some of the other verbiage - it seems like I've seen it somewhere before. If the text is copied from something, lets make sure we have permission to use it. Or, you or I can rephrase it. Also, even thought most people we encounter care only about US proto, let's throw something in about the abundance of European models.

BTW, since a very small number is working on this, don't worry about getting everything in there - you pretty much have the important stuff covered. Once we call this "done" I'll take it and make additions and editions that I want.


The history of TT scale is fairly straight forward compared to most other scales. The history in both Nicholle's and my pamphlets is from my research, and nothing has been copied from another source. I have written some stuff on the the history of TT Scale a few times, in particular the source of many of the motors Hal Joyce used in the early years of TT Scale.

I did make mention of TT scale in Europe and Russia, but that was about all I felt was needed, as the majority of model railroaders in North America are not into modeling foreign railroads. As for Nicholle, Terry, Linda (a few months away), the cats, and myself, we collect trains and train related items from around the world!


ConducTTor wrote:Guys, this is very much in line with what I was thinking. Well, I wanted more but I thought more people will participate. Anyway, we can expand it as we see fit.


This project is not that much different from what I did when I set up my portable TT Scale display layout, I gave out similar pamphlets, the major difference being that the photos were all of my existing collection which was predominantly German BTTB, and there was no lists of stores, and the only website listed was TTscale.com, as TTnut.com was a couple of years away...

In any event, if I set-up a display layout at a train show again, both Nicholle's pamphlet and my pamphlet will be brought with and copies distributed. This collaboration" was a great excuse to make a new pamphlet up and keep me occupied during those nights where I am hurting too much to sleep...
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3949
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, USA

PreviousNext

Return to About The Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests