Is it bad to not be interested in steam?

Re: Is it bad to not be interested in steam?

Postby Valeriy (M 1978) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:09 pm

It's not just bad, it's a great sin. Think about it, and give a promise to all of us to be interested in steam. Do it or all your Christmas presents will be steam locos 1:1.
Valeriy (M 1978)

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Well, I've always liked the BR 86 and since the new Tillig version came out I've been eyeing it. The Roco BR 18 is also interesting. Wewillsee.

Don't mess with my Christmas presents!!!!!!! :evil: ;)
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:49 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Well, I've always liked the BR 86 and since the new Tillig version came out I've been eyeing it. The Roco BR 18 is also interesting. Wewillsee.

Don't mess with my Christmas presents!!!!!!! :evil: ;)

I've got a couple of the new Tillig BR86's and am disappointed with the mechanism. There is a chugging motion which is very noticeable at slow speeds. Hopefully when my project loco is reassembled the problem can be easily spotted and corrected like some plastic flash in the side rods or something. I'll keep you informed in my projekt posts. The best functioning steamer I have is the Tillig 555.1/BR52, but I don't have any from other manufacturers. Sure do like the look of the tub tender though.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:00 pm

CSD wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:Well, I've always liked the BR 86 and since the new Tillig version came out I've been eyeing it....

I've got a couple of the new Tillig BR86's and am disappointed with the mechanism....

Damnit. Well there goes that. Anyone have the new Roco BR 44? I noticed that two from Euro Train got bought so someone must have it. If it's you, what do you think of it? Just curious of the quality of their steam locos - from my experience so far, Roco diesels are very good.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 pm

I can't speak for Roco TT, but I have had only one issue with the Roco engines I have thus far: the window plastic on one end of a HO Scale Roco engine that I have does not fit right.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Previous

Return to General Discussion