Iris Creek Valley RR

Iris Creek Valley RR

Postby Carsten » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:10 am

Photos taken at the annual spring meeting -> https://picasaweb.google.com/Ingo.Schwa ... directlink
Carsten

Re: Iris Creek Valley RR

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 am

I'm not sure I can say anything other than WOW. Thanks for the link and Prost!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:57 am

That is it, I want to move to Germany!

Too bad that it is highly unlikely that Model Railroader will ever do an article on that layout.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Arseny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 am

What a great layout!

Why not send a suggestion to Model Railroader, or Model Railroader Hobbyist, or somewhere else, to publish an article about it?

Soviet cars Volga and Zil are looking a little bit strange on the American layout... :?
But, really, they have American-style design...
Arseny

Postby scaro » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:43 am

Carsten wrote:Photos taken at the annual spring meeting -> https://picasaweb.google.com/Ingo.Schwa ... directlink

thank you carsten this is very inspiring.

cheers, ben
scaro

Postby richardedmonds » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:26 am

I love this layout, is this a newer or rebuilt version of the older one? Whatever it is I have to say to that the German guys do come up with the goods in all respects of showing what can be done with little or very little ready to run American TT items. Well done :clap: :clap: :clap: to them and thanks for posting these pictures which really do make me want to do more for myself :doh:
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:36 am

Is there any info on Joerg's photo number 17 of that RS 1 loco I am sure I asked this before but I do like that loco would love to get something similar, and WOW that Rio Grande RS3 does look the complete bizz ------man do I like the Iris Creek Valley
richardedmonds

Postby Carsten » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:42 am

Approximately 50 percent new modules.
Thanks for the very positive feedback which I will forward to the group.
Richard, informations about the RS1 later, we talked about it in the past.
Carsten
Carsten

Postby richardedmonds » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 am

Thanks Carsten I thought I might have asked about that one before, but maybe got confused with the RS3.
Well done though, the new modules look superb and very very realistic. Some of the photo's when expanded show the real quality of work involved. Great to see these photo's thanks for posting them
richardedmonds

Re: Iris Creek Valley RR - the Alco RS1

Postby railtwister » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 am

The Alco RS1 was an interesting locomotive that was built from 1941 to 1960, one of the longest production runs for diesel locomotives. It was sold primarily to roads in the USA, but an export version was also built, which went to several foreign operators as well. It's prime mover, the Alco 539T, was a turbocharged 6 cylinder monster that had a displacement of 1595 cubic inches PER CYLINDER. That's more displacement in each cylinder than the displacement of 5 entire V-8 engines of the types typically used in the Trans Am class of racing sports cars from the sixties (Mustangs, Camaros, AMC Javelins, etc.). The same prime movers were also used in the Alco switchers like the S2 and S4's. The 539T also had a better reputation for reliability than the Alco 244 units that were used in the RS3, FA's and PA's. The car body styling of the RS1 differed from the RS3 in that it had harder corners on the hoods, and the cab roof extended beyond the ends of the cab, effectively forming a sun visor. They were known as "luggers" for their pulling power, and were popular with many of crews who operated them. It's one of my favorite diesel locomotives.

Bill in FL
railtwister

Next

Return to Layouts / Track Plans