iris creek gp 38

Re: iris creek gp 38

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:47 pm

lüTTe wrote:Okay, I will test it soon.

It appears to me that some sub-sides of http://www.goldcoastrailway.com/ are offline. :?:

They are in the process of redesigning their website as far as I know. You can actually contact our member "gabbysuz" (member/gabbysuz/) - he is from Gold Coast.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 pm

If it's important to you, remember that their 'FP7' isn't . . . it's an F9.

Ben
scaro

Postby Zs12 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:14 am

It could be. Thanks!

Oh ... , I've found this US prototypes topic too late. Sorry for the redundant postings. :oops:
Zs12

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:25 am

lüTTe wrote: I've found this US prototypes topic too late. Sorry for the redundant postings. :oops:

Don't worry about it. We're not very strict here :dance:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby chrishappe » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I can answer a couple of the points raised about the "FP-7". The one I have is pictured in my post of Chris' Diesels in the Prototypes and Models section. The box it came in which is a large flat box with a window top and a foam insert that protected all the parts is identified as a Tillig TT Bahn product. And they call it an FP-7 This one was a Rock Island kit but I repainted it. The instructions were in German so I had some fun with Babblefish and MS Word's German dictionary in order to get some idea of the instructions. The chassis is not die-cast but is a white metal casting probably made in a spin caster with a rubber mould. The body and the truck side frames are resin castings. This is where some of the little issues with the kit arise. Resin casting and spin casting can lead to expansion or contraction of the parts. They don't necessarily come out of the mould the same size as the master pattern was. So this requires some fiddling to get things to fit properly. I had to fasten the truck frames to the trucks with 00-80 screws as the little clips were so far off there was no hope they would clip on. A proper production model would have had a die-cast chassis and an injection moulded body and the engineers responsible would have taken expansion into consideration. But it is still a very nice loco to have. If you can find one it is worth buying. I think this one cost me about $300 by the time I got it to my house. It came from Eurotrain Hobby in NJ when they imported a few kits.
chrishappe

Previous

Return to General Discussion