info needed

info needed

Postby anotherTTnut » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Does anybody on this forum knows exactly (speaking more to our european members) what it means when Tillig speaks of a cooperation with Beckmann on the BR 103. I`m under the impression that most of the model actually comes from Beckmann and Tillig is doing the print & distribution. Really curious......
Attachments
P1040521.jpg
anotherTTnut

Re: info needed

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 pm

I'm interested to k now also (I have that ^^^ model).
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby MacG » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm

A google-translated quote from beckmann.de:

"The complete construction of the BR 103 has been designed for high volume production. Thus, we are pleased to have Tillig a competent partner for the production at the site, which converts carried out at us for our development, shared ideas with the company. Through this modified production methods, it will be possible to make this particular locomotive a much larger customer base. ..."

Short: Beckmann developed the model and Tillig produced it.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks for that. I think I'll take mine apart and look at the internals - I wonder if they did anything different there from what Tillig normally does.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Juup » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:22 pm

My translation would be something like:

The entire design of the BR 103 is adjusted for 'mass production'. Hence Beckmann is glad to have Tillig as a partner to realise the design in a manner consistent with Beckmann’s and Tillig’s shared understanding of the Beckmann design/model/concept of the BR 103. Through this changed production method it is possible to make this locomotive available to a significantly greater customer base [presumably as compared to other Beckmann models].

I am Dutch and Norwegian so somewhat confident in the translation - but of course won't be perfect. I omitted adjectives and some of the other marketing speak. For clarity I replaced pronouns with company names. Overall trying to get at what we are really interested in. Is this different from a Tillig model?

I seem to recall that the first year or two of production of this model was done by Beckmann alone (no Tillig association), and that subsequent to this the partnership with Tillig emerged. But might be wrong about that.

ConducTTor's forthcoming 'autopsy' is likely to be a great deal more informative than our forensic linguistics or my perhaps unreliable recollection of the model's history - LOL. Don't have this loco yet, but one of my favorites (perhaps unimaginative but even so) and will invest soon :) Hence the interest.
Juup

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:50 pm

It's an interesting mix.

The metal chassis is more like Kuehn's chassis than anyone else's (though definitely not Kuehn's), the shell design is obviously Beckmann's own - it's a two piece (well 3 if you count the upper grey part) deal with the top part and bottom part meeting right above the headlights.

The under body equipment is also part of the bottom shell. So the chassis itself sits between the top and bottom halves of the shell.

The circuit board is a design that I've never seen before with both "Tillig" and "Kres" printed on it.

The gearboxes have a few Kuehn type features but everything in that area - side frames, gear boxes, gear towers - appears to be Beckmann's design.

So there you have it. It's a nice high quality model btw.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion