I need switch (turnout) parts

I need switch (turnout) parts

Postby D Martin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi, all:
I think I recognize several "old timers" in TTnut.com that seem to be experienced TTers I have heard of before. I am in need of points to repair several Krueger TT switches I have in my layout. I bought the switches as kits from Dns TT track (Dave Schneider). The molded plastic tie strip and the die-cast frogs and points seem to be made by the same people who make BEMO track. I have two BEMO switches also. The parts are interchangeable. The die cast point (blade) rails are fragile and the little tab on the bottom that engages the throw bar breaks off easily. I need some spares of the original Krueger/BEMO design, or possibly a substitute. It has occurred to me that there may be a way to make a point that can be installed from the top, without removing the switch from the roadbed. If anyone has done this, or has parts for the turnouts, please let me know. I have a 1995 RailTech "Table Top Trains" catalog from the famous Richard Taylor. It advertises Krueger track and switches along with several other brands. I am pretty sure the RailTech inventory was sold out when that company went out of business. If anyone has or knows the whereabouts of the Krueger materials, Please let me know. If I recall correctly, Grampa's Trains had some of Mr. Taylor's old inventory. Mike Braunstein, are you reading this???

Dennis Martin (recovering nicely from surgery, had a stent and a pacemaker put in just before thanksgiving. I feel fine- and I praise the Lord for that)
D Martin

Re: I need switch (turnout) parts

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Hey Dennis, welcome to the site! I could swear I've seen Krueger switches sold somewhere (I have none) but will have to dig around. Hopefully someone else can get you a solution before that.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade