Huge gathering of TT-scalers in California!!!

Re: Huge gathering of TT-scalers in California!!!

Postby scaro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:26 am

Marquette wrote: Okay, but why a mad *woman's* breakfast?

Dunno mate. I tried to ask her but she chucked her custard at me.

Let's not get into the topic of chucking custard and Australian euphemisms. :crazy:
scaro

Postby CSD » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:50 am

TT = Opportunity

That is the key. The popular scales are totally and completely saturated by years of support. Wonderful! There are many products to choose from. The down side is that most of the niches have been filled and there is little room for truly "new" additions. TT is an open book. Support the "little guy" projects. Start one! Our scale is one of the few places where they can thrive and make a big impact.

I have essentially restated ConducTTor's points, but they are good points.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby scaro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:13 pm

as i understand it, a similar rationale was behind hornby's interest either TT or 3mm. they came to the 3mm society AGM but in the end, we did not manage to work out which scale they were interested in; not sure they totally clicked that 3mm and 1:120 were not the same scale. they used the term 'TT' but that doesn't mean much ...

but the thing is they saw that all the 'popular' models for UK locos had been done in N and 00 and so it was a choice between picking over the market for less popular models in those scales, or moving to 'TT' and doing the popular stuff over again in that.

i don't know how it was that they worked out that the latter was a better idea than the former. ability to use the same designs and CADs over again?
scaro

Postby dileTTante » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:03 pm

scaro wrote:i don't know how it was that they worked out that the latter was a better idea than the former. ability to use the same designs and CADs over again?
Arnold is under Hornby control and Arnold will soon have available new models in TT. I've seen the stuff advertised. Perhaps that's the connection.
-Terry C.
dileTTante

Postby scaro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:58 pm

that had been considered but I doubt you would visit the 3mm society AGM to tell them about european outline models in the wrong scale. the consensus was they were looking to do something british.
scaro

Previous

Return to General Discussion