How do I isolate sidings on Tillig bedding track?

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

How do I isolate sidings on Tillig bedding track?

Postby Twinrover1965 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:28 pm

I've got an analogue Tillig Bettungleis layout and I want to run one train and isolate the other in a siding. Is it what Tillig bizarrely translates as the "sidings track" or is it something else I need. And what levers or buttons do I require to operate such tracks? All is not clear from their very lavish TT catalogue but from which some of the important detail seems to have been omitted. I'll resort to my Kato levers if necessary but it would be nice to understand and use Tillig's equipment for the sake of completeness, and above all support a company that has a vision for all things TT.

In addition, can anybody elaborate on their "shuttle" track which I have an example of but I am not familiar with its purpose or setting up?

Any assistance would be appreciated as there nobody to ask these things face to face these days with no shops left in London dealing with European railways. Golden Valley hobbies the UK agent for Tillig only has somebody in the dispatch department who is unable to answer queries about the product itself!
Twinrover1965

Re: How do I isolate sidings on Tillig bedding track?

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Hmmm I looked around Tillig for an insulated rail joiner for their bedding track but was unable to find one. Can you give me a product number for this "siding" track you're looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby krokodil » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:30 am

I was looking into the TT history of publications. It is quite interesting that there was almost no English and French publication. The one I have (English catalog from 1991) is not even in the list of rumia. Probably these rights were given to the importer and were not made by BTTB or Zeuke, later by Tillig.
Here is one in German, with lot of very good information for beginners and for analog layouts. At least you can use the drawings. On the "Bettunggleis" I will simple cut the rail where it is necessary. It is much better practice as the insulated railjoiner.

http://as.rumia.edu.pl/tt/kat/katalogi. ... 2&kat=gle2
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby TiTan downunder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:19 am

Insulator rail joiners are part number 83952.
Don't quite understand what the shuttle track is but seems to be designed to be used with their TFi2 controller.

https://www.tillig.com/eng/Produkte/pro ... 08131.html

The tillig website has an English translated option in the top left hand corner. Click on the UK flag.

Ian
TiTan downunder

Postby CFRiad » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:53 am

Depending on where you live, it may be cheaper/faster to simply walk into a model shop that sells Kato products and buy the insulated joiners there. The Kato product number is 24-816.

KATO-24-816.jpg

The Tillig bedding track is a Kato UniTrack clone. All bits are compatible, regardless of scale. In North America, this is about $5 for a bag of 20.
CFRiad

Postby MacG » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:35 pm

The Tillig insulated rail joiners (also bag with 20) have the item numbers 83952 (grey) and 83955 (brown). Depending on the color of the ties/sleepers.

You can use a micro slide switch and built it into the ballast shoulder. Build it into a normal piece of track with conductive rail joiners. Cut a gap into one rail and connect the two pieces of rail with the slide switch. Then you can power on/off the desired siding.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby Twinrover1965 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:31 pm

Thank you all for your helpful responses. I also sent an online query to Tillig's technical department in Sebnitz and received an explanatory diagram which I have attached below, for the record. In addition, I have discovered that PECO produces a very basic multi-gauge isolating device part number PL-20 which clips between the rail and the bedding base although I have yet to see whether there is enough space to do this. I am taking some track to a Peco retailer to try out later this week.

As far as the Tillig "sidings" track [83741] is concerned , I have discovered this is actually a feeder track fitted with a capacitor thus only suitable for analogue layouts, which will be useful to me.

Thanks again for your replies.
Attachments
A_Schaltung_2019_04_25.TCW.pdf
How to isolate Tillig's TT Bettungsgleis
(76.94 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Twinrover1965

Postby Rich1853 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 pm

FYI Tillig number 83741 has brown sleepers, 83740 has the gray sleepers with the filter capacitor.
Rich1853
Greetings from Melbourne, Florida USA
On the Space Coast of Florida
Rich1853

Return to About The Board