Hmmmm......

Re: Hmmmm......

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:47 am

TTSMR wrote:I can see if my disrtbutor account is still open.

HA! That's handy :D
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby TTSMR » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:12 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:I like your set compositions! The only comment is that it will be enough to have 2 G-2s per module, as you only need them for one side (the other side is provided by the next module) ;)

True, but isnt there going to have to be at least one module with 2ea G-2s?

Don
TTSMR

Postby TTSMR » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:33 pm

ConducTTor wrote:
TTSMR wrote:I can see if my disrtbutor account is still open.

HA! That's handy :D

Contacted Euro Train but George is out untill tomorrrow.

Will update soon as I get info from George.

Don
TTSMR

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:14 pm

TTSMR wrote:
BTTB Fan wrote:I like your set compositions! The only comment is that it will be enough to have 2 G-2s per module, as you only need them for one side (the other side is provided by the next module) ;)

True, but isnt there going to have to be at least one module with 2ea G-2s?
Don

Nope (that is if our offsets are 43mm, as proposed by CSD in the standards poll thread, and a single G2 (83mm) is used to connect the lines). For the N modules in the end-to-end configuration you need N-1 sets of connectors, and for the loop you need N sets of connectors. So, for the 2-line modules, it's 2 G2s per module.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Since we have the module stuff all squared away, I want to get back to the overall idea of this. Does anyone know what the NMRA charges for floor space? Also, do you have to be a member (I've been meaning to join but a million other things pop up all the time)?
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:34 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Since we have the module stuff all squared away, I want to get back to the overall idea of this. Does anyone know what the NMRA charges for floor space? Also, do you have to be a member (I've been meaning to join but a million other things pop up all the time)?

I believe their booth space cost is tiered, depending on whether you are a manufacturer not selling, just displaying, or a manufacturer & selling. Probably a different price for typical train show vendors who are selling goods from many manufacturers. Not sure if they offer a reduced rate for a group just displaying their scale/gauge as a public service, other than module space, which last time I checked (my HO club showed in ATL in the mid 90's, and FtL in 2002) was free, but space may be limited.

Contact them, that's the only way to know for sure. I doubt there would be much competition from other TT module groups (are there any in the US?). Milwaukee is a "big deal" convention, so if you really want to do this thing, contact them as soon as possible. These shows become "set in stone" pretty far in advance!

One thing the S gauge group (NASG) does is rent a non-selling booth, and display goods for those S scale manufacturers who can't afford their own booth, They make sure to co-ordinate an area near any other S manufacturers who can afford a booth, and also make sure if there is an S guage module layout at the show, that it's set up in the same area. The NASG usually provides color matching shirts with logos for any members who volunteer their time to man the booth during the train show, which is usually open at the end of the convention, Fri, Sat, & Sunday. Setup is usually Wed & Thu, and break down is Sunday evening and Monday. Most displays try to be out and on the road by Sunday night. Some of the larger manufacturers have commercial display fixtures that must be shipped home, and they are usually the ones who don't get out until Monday.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bill
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:37 am

Thanks Bill, I will contact the NMRA this coming week to get info.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Here is a hairy idea..... While we are working on modules to put together at a NMRA convention, perhaps we could start work on "Club Cars".

I propose that we make use of different manufacturers for supplies, such as Possum Valley Model's freight trucks, and coastal engineering for the roof and floor stock, and come up with a "kit" of a 40' boxcar, labeled for TTnut.com.

I am presently looking into contracting out getting decals made for my Possum Cental locomotives, as I need white and gold decals to go onto the black and blue steamers, respectively, something that only an ALPs printer could do, but those decal printers are no longer made, and the ink for those sons-of-bitches was insanely expensive for a small time hobbyist to buy.

An idea would be to have the decal based on the TTnut.com logo, and have it in three flavors: English, German, and Russian, with the only changes being translating "TT Scale Trains - www.TTNut.com" into German and Russian.

The American logo can go onto North American Proto cars, the German onto German style cars (think beer cars from the T-set), and the Russian translation onto Russian equipment.

And yes, I do realize that I am foaming at the mouth right now....
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:36 pm

I vote (and win since it's my site :twisted: ) for the slogan to be:

"TT scale is dead - TTnut.com"
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:42 pm

ConducTTor wrote:TT scale is dead - TTnut.com

As a matter of fact, I will make this the official site slogan.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion